1990 Jackson profession need help identifying what model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Jackson profession need help identifying what model

I purchased this Jackson the other day I do not know what model it is and would love some help with identifying it. If you have any info for me it would be much appreciated.

1990 Jackson professional Soloist Pro!! http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ries_1990-1995

Comment

It's a 1990 Soloist Pro I believe. I tried to post a link for more information but was unable to so if you want more information go to audiozone.dk and look up the Jackson professional series.

Comment

Correct, 1990 Soloist PRO.
        Made in Japan with specs similar to the USA Jacksons of that era.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I thought so. I was just thrown off because I guess the previous owner replaced a knob with a switch and changed the pick ups. Worth fixing it up? When I bought it I was planning on stripping the paint and custom painting it. My fiancé and I are having a son soon and his name is going to be Jackson so I planned to put his foot prints and paint other stuff on it. I just wanted a cheap beat up Jackson so I could do that. I don’t think I want to mess around with this one like that.

Comment

Also any idea on value for this guitar ? Someone beat it up pretty good

Comment

What I can tell from the pictures you posted is that the Jackson on the headstock is Mother of pearl and the fretboard is Ebony with pearl inlays and Schaller floyd rose which tells me it's a Pro. Not all Jackson professional series were Pros.

Comment

Highly sought after! It's a diamond in the rough!

Comment

Value is dependent on the condition! That being said plenty of people looking for a worthy restoration project and that one's The one most everyone wants! IMHO.

Comment

I appreciate all the help. I guess I got a good deal at $15 haha

Comment

Dude! I dream of finding deals like that! You scored big time! Congrats!

Comment

HOLY SHIT!!! Soloist Pro for $15!!!! Fucking DEAL of the CENTURY! How did you score that for such a low price?

Comment

I work at a pawn shop and the boss man said he didn’t want it because it was too neat up and I had plans for a Jackson guitar anyway so I offered the lady 15 not knowing what it was honestly.

Comment

YOU SCORED!!! You can't get a used budget guitar for $15 these days, let alone a top-tier Japanese Jackson for that.

Bridge pickup looks like a standard-spaced DiMarzio of some sort. Neck and middle pickups look like Seymour Duncan Cool Rails or Hot Rails. Those aren't original, but you can't even buy one of those pickups for the $15 you spent on the WHOLE guitar

EDIT: I got too excited about the amazing score that I forgot to congratulate you on the imminent arrival of your new son... and to comment that this thread is three Canadians (myself, Mudlark, and Bossrock70) patting you on the back!
                            Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 03-09-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Yeah $15 bucks is up there in terms of all time scores. I’m a huge fan of the professional pros. The tale that goes round is that Jackson stopped with the Pro level because it was eating into the USA biz because the quality between the two was so close but the price point wasn’t.

Funny. Even in bad cosmetic condition with mods the pawn shop left an easy $500 on the table. Probably more.

Comment

Working...
                              X