Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Mystery Jackson Soloist Prototype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Customguitars87 View Post
    Yep, that's my listing haha. I have a bunch of Jacksons, so I just kind of threw it up there the other day for a feeler to see if there's interest. I really like the guitar, I just don't play it as much as I thought I would since I have other Jacksons that are higher end. Just couldn't resist grabbing something so unique.

I don't ship guitars, so we'll see if there's any local interest and if not I'll happily hold onto it.
    One day in the future I may be in a position to take it off your hands if you would cave on shipping it. Until then, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
      One day in the future I may be in a position to take it off your hands if you would cave on shipping it. Until then, good luck!
      Will keep it in mind! I've gotten several messages already asking about shipping, I just really don't like the risk involved and prefer to do local transactions. If anything changes down the line though I'll be glad to reach out!

Comment

Will keep it in mind! I've gotten several messages already asking about shipping, I just really don't like the risk involved and prefer to do local transactions. If anything changes down the line though I'll be glad to reach out!
        Please do! I could use a solid backup to my SL2H and a nice trans red MIJ soloist with direct mounted pickups would definitely fit the bill.

Comment

Yep, that's the weird thing to me...there's info available even about models that were made in a run as small as 20-30 guitars built, but there isn't a single piece of info about what I've got here. Could a dealer order a run of just 1 guitar, is that something Jackson offered? I imagine the cost would have been exorbitant since that's essentially not very different than ordering a custom. The mystery continues!
          Usually 50-100 were necessary for a limited import run, though some of the Japanese market runs, like the Japanese J.E.LEE Charvel for instance, may have only been 20-30 units. And like I said previously, Japanese AU or EU limited runs rarely have official literature and the only reason people know about them is because they bought one brand new and remember it. It's not uncommon that only a few people would know about them or even remember them.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Usually 50-100 were necessary for a limited import run, though some of the Japanese market runs, like the Japanese J.E.LEE Charvel for instance, may have only been 20-30 units. And like I said previously, Japanese AU or EU limited runs rarely have official literature and the only reason people know about them is because they bought one brand new and remember it. It's not uncommon that only a few people would know about them or even remember them.
            I guess I just have to find someone else on Earth who bought one of these and remembers it haha...

Comment

Nope, the DKMG is a totally different guitar. This is definitely a Soloist...
              Bit late but:

Last time I paid as much attention to something as I did on those pics was while being asleep in my class

Totally failed to see the the neckthrough, didn't even catch the fitted Schaller trem or the real MOP logo
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                Bit late but:

Last time I paid as much attention to something as I did on those pics was while being asleep in my class

Totally failed to see the the neckthrough, didn't even catch the fitted Schaller trem or the real MOP logo
                It's actually not a Schaller, but the rest are definitely Soloist characteristics. I think I've just about admitted defeat in finding out any additional info about this thing and will just be treating it as either some tiny custom run or a prototype for a model that never was.

It's a shame Jackson never kept decent records...would make it a lot easier to ID things!

Comment

Working...
                X