My 1993 Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1993 Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro story

So I have been into the 90-95 Pro models lately. So I wanted to share with you a story on a lost Pro that somehow found its way home. Crazy story..here it goes
    So im surfing Used gear on Guitar center. Something I enjoy. I find a beautiful 93 Rhoads Pro. I have been looking for one for awhile. I called the store it was in Arizona. Talked to a great guy named Andy. I asked if I could see more upclose pictures. He was nice enough to take the pictures from his phone and emailed them to mine. There was 1 nick on lower left horn and thats it. Pictures of serial # etc. So I called him back 9pm their time like 11 mine. I told him I was going to purchase it and that I was on the website doing it as we speak. I had to run to the bank and load my card late at night. He said no worries I will stick it on the outbound shelf for you it will ship tomorrow.
    I purchased it online payment thru Paypal confirmed. Order # in hand. So I call the store in the evening for tracking info. They asked me my name and couldnt find me. I then told them what guitar it was. At that point im shitting bricks. They guy there not Andy said oh we see it shipped but to someone in Massachusetts. I was like what....I explained all of the above and my order #. He saidnsorry dude this happens sometimes. I said it was instock when I clicked to purchase it. It gave me.an order #. It then was out of stock and not on your site anymore so it shows it was committed to me. He said call their corporate. They gave me run around as.well.
    I called Paypal they told me someone cancelled it that night. Wtf...
    So this bothered me for months. I actually purchased a New Usa RR1 to heal the pain. It did a little not fully... So still for months I couldnt shake it. So im still searching Gc and the usual Reverb.
    So I see a Pro with gold hardware on the Verb. I started talking to the guy. We swapped pictures and one of those pictures had the serial number. Low and behold it was the same Serial numbet and guitar I was robbed from Gc.
    The guy I bought it from said he traded a buddy for it and that it did come from Gc a few months ago.
    Im like I need to get this and he new I was hard up for it. So I ended paying double for it.. He put the orignal hardware back on and took the gold off probably to resell it.
    So after all this time it is sitting safely under my bed and is my Favorite axe! What are the chances that this Guitar would make it back to me. The chances are slim to none.
    So last bit of info. I play the serial number on the Mega millions just because lol. 2nd time I played it I hit 3 #'s. Won only $10 but to me this story is too good to be true and I will continue to play the #'s.
    The Pro has put my itch to rest and will never leave my side.
    I hope you guys liked my story. Maybe someone else has a story to tell.
    Ty guys
    Last edited by Jackrippedv; 07-29-2018, 08:02 PM.

Cool story, glad you like it. I had one and sold it, very nice guitars.

Comment

I like the lottery idea... under the bed is where my pro has lived for 20 years

great story bro!
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Nice. Pics!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool story. However, for some reason I thought it was going to end with you up in your attic unleashing a full-frontal metal assault straight through your neighbors homes with your SIGNATURE Randy Rhoads Jackson V.

Comment

Ty guys

The chances of getting it back are a calling!!

Comment

Here is a pic
              Pro on the right. Rr1 usa on left.
              Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Cool. It's hard to beat a black RR.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very cool, glad you got it in the end! I have missed a few deals that I regretted for years after.
                  I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
                    Very cool, glad you got it in the end! I have missed a few deals that I regretted for years after.
                    Love it
                    I only need 1 more guitar ...awsome. So true

Yes ty all for the kind words. You all rock

Comment

Absolutely awesome!
                      I picked up a '96 Rhodes Professional, but the EX.... so not quite the same quality, but still Made in Japan.
                      I only wish the neck was a thin as my '94 King V Std Professional... that thing shreds like a demon.

Comment

Ex still great axe!!
                        Yes my King V Mustaine Pro shreds too. Share a pic of tour King V
                        Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

woohoo, congrats!
                          Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Oops...... you would think I would know the age of my babies!
                            The King V Std is a 1992, and the Rhodes is a 1994.... facepalm!

https://cdn.bandmix.com.au/bandmix_au/media/43/43499/63843-l.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sub-Zero View Post
                              Oops...... you would think I would know the age of my babies!
                              The King V Std is a 1992, and the Rhodes is a 1994.... facepalm!

https://cdn.bandmix.com.au/bandmix_au/media/43/43499/63843-l.jpg

https://cdn.bandmix.com.au/bandmix_a...99/63842-l.jpg
                              Nice !!! Hold them tight

Comment

Working...
                              X