Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help with Takeuchi arm and nut clamps ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with Takeuchi arm and nut clamps ...

hi guys and gals, whats the specification for thr nutclamp size of a Grover Jackson Kelly KECU95 Japan? are they 2r or 3r?

and the specific type of generic arm for the tremolo? takeuchi doesnt use conventional floyd arms. i dont know what theyre called in engineering linggo but its more like a vintage trem arm than a locking floydie.

and does anyone recommend a place i can buy both or one or the other? i live in the philippines and there are few places to talk floyd rose especially takeuchi ones

thanks and salamat
    MY GEAR
    -GROVER JACKSON KELLY KE-c.u.95 Transblack with Seymour Duncan Black Winter bridge trembucker custom and Floyd Rose Original Gold Satin custom
    -GROVER JACKSON KELLY KE-c.u.95 Transblack with EMG HZH4s and Floyd Rose Original black satin
    -FENDER STRATOCASTER AMERICAN STANDARD 2002 Black with white pickguard. All Stock.
    PEAVEY RAGE 258 25watt modelling amp solid state

Locking nut is BH-43 on Takeuchi equipped guitars. R3 OFR nut is correct width but they are much taller. You have to grind it down to make it fit.

You can modify that trem to take OFR collar style arm. Take the trem apart and saw off that threaded part of the sustain block. Drill out that nut from the base plate. Then you can install OFR trem bar receiver assembly. You might need to use washer on the underside to be able to tighten it.

Comment

LOL! That is why I simply blocked mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
        Locking nut is BH-43 on Takeuchi equipped guitars. R3 OFR nut is correct width but they are much taller. You have to grind it down to make it fit.

You can modify that trem to take OFR collar style arm. Take the trem apart and saw off that threaded part of the sustain block. Drill out that nut from the base plate. Then you can install OFR trem bar receiver assembly. You might need to use washer on the underside to be able to tighten it.
        I did this with my Takeuchi trem, and had to elongate the hole slightly away from the saddles, so the screw part of the arm would miss the saddles. Not difficult to do.
        A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Working...
        X