The new to me Jackson has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new to me Jackson has arrived!

So I recently purchased a 2003ish KVX10 from a lady in Sherbrooke QC for 200$ and it arrived today!
    It's got a small chip on the one fin but outside of that it's absolutely mint.
    Cane with a case, stand, patch cord and strap.
    Decent deal I think.

You're doing GREAT with the deals lately! $100 KE3 and $200 KVX10!

Comment

Nice score, indeed.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome! I love the Kelly too! I have that same guitar strap!
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Definitely 2 wicked guitars for great prices! Thanks guys.

Now I have some questions as well.
          I had a chance to put a good couple hours on the V tonight and I've noticed a few things.
          The neck on my Kelly is actually an Xseries neck from a warrior, the V is an x series as well.
          But the neck on the V is I bet you 20% thinner.
          It's scary slim and fast. Is there a reason? The V is an 03, the warrior neck is an 04.

When I play them unplugged, the Kelly has a deep sound from the strings vs the V having a very dainty sound.
          Would neck thickness affect that.
          Also I have 10s on the Kelly with a trem vs the V with 9s and string thru.

The same applies plugged in buy now we are comparing a JB to a Duncan Designed. I had to really boost the EQ and input signal on the V to get similar tone to the Kelly but I wont lie.
          I don't mind the DD pickups. Not as articulate or intense as the JB but still capable.
          Lastly for now, my Kelly volume pot is really smooth and lets me travel a wide variety of volume settings where as the Vs volume and tone seem to roll off quick and have zones that don't do much. I'm guessing cheaper stuff was used? What's the recommended replacements for a smoother set?

Thanks for any and all information.
          Last edited by Heavymetal2000; 09-16-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

10's will sound fatter than 9's all day.

The pickups, you already know man...

The neck thing...some of these veteran forum guys know WAAAAAY more about these Jackson models than I do...not gonna pretend otherwise....however if you ever cozy up to a fine ass Dean model especially a DIME model I gotcha, had a great teacher who hung out here who loved both Jackson & Dean just as I do. Dude was a guru... enjoy your guitars man \m/
            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Yeh I figured they would it's just wild how much more fatter they sound. I was really surprised. I haven't had 9s on my Kelly in forever so it caught me off guard a bit.

Yeh the neck has me curious. But i like it. Its ridiculously slim.

So far I've been enjoying the guitar in general, the ability to go through multiple tunings without adjusting the bridge is especially nice.

I'll keep that in mind in regards to the Dean models. I'm not sure how likely I am to own a non jackson but if i ever manage to get my hands on a Japanese warrior and Rhoads v i may look into it.
              They have a lot of interesting shapes that are attractive to me

Comment

Originally posted by Heavymetal2000 View Post

I'll keep that in mind in regards to the Dean models. I'm not sure how likely I am to own a non jackson but if i ever manage to get my hands on a Japanese warrior and Rhoads v i may look into it.
                They have a lot of interesting shapes that are attractive to me
                A Warrior & RR model is definitely a must have... I also have those in addition to a Kelly XL & Kelly Standard Professionals.
                I just love Dime, he was such a great guy... I love his V models, I own 5 and still looking for a few others and I'll have em all... it's not that there aren't some out there of the models I am looking for..it's just that I am picky and look for the models that some dude bought it new and hardly ever played it, case kept and flawless.

I play em, I just don't abuse em... the necks (V-shaped) will feel HUGE compared to your Jacksons... I started out with Jackson when I was a teenager in the late 80's early 90's...but over the yrs, a fatter neck just feels better in the hand. I still monkey with my Jacksons from time to time but not very often.

I also have one of those Rob Barrett (Cannibal Corpse) models, the Cadillac Kill also known as the CadiKILL ... those are nice as well.. the neck is much smaller than a DIME model...I think they're C shape, I'd say if you're not a Les Paul guy but want something close to a Les Paul these are the way to go.

But yeah man, get those two Jacksons in your collection you'll love em \m/

If you do the newer mid-models for the Warrior and RR you can upgrade the trems later to OFR's direct swap. The licensed models are Floyd Specials with a Jackson name on em...actually they say made by FR for Jackson and the reason for that is those older Jacksons with the jap and china trems... you can't find parts for em, some of them were very cheaply made and haven't lasted and now without modification of the trem cavity the body is useless, unless you find an exact replacement.

I'm actually having that problem with my RR which is mid to late 90's model Performer PS3-T ... I need to find a replacement neck as well...the scarf joint popped on one side...I'll get around to it eventually...too much other stuff to play with and buy.
                \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Yeh there the only ones on my seriously need to get list for now, wouldn't mind a dominion either.
                  Some other odd shaped jacksons as well but you don't seem to see them as often.
                  That cadikill is pretty cool, love the finish on the grey style body with red accents.
                  but tbh I'm not a real big fan of the LP bodies.
                  Only one I think I may end up with is Will Adlers black LTD sig model with the warbird gfx on it. Strictly cause LoG > haha.
                  Also I really wanna get my hands on an LTD DV8-R. Just two guitars I feel like I'd like to have.

Thing that kinda drives me nuts is all the pro model rr3 and warriors seem to have trems.
                  I got no use for em, my Kelly hasn't had the trem bar on it since as long ss I can remember owning it.
                  One day I may appreciate it with an increased skill level but atm I never use it.
                  In terms of quality I think the actual Japanese made 580s abd such were pretty decent right?
                  Just maybe tougher to get parts for?

Comment

Congratz! These are awesome deals! Sherbrooke, I studied there many years ago and grew up not too far from there!
                    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Nice!
                      Seems like theres quite a few Canucks here eh!?
                      I've never been up to sherbrooke myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavymetal2000 View Post
                        Nice!
                        Seems like theres quite a few Canucks here eh!?
                        I've never been up to sherbrooke myself.
                        Where are you from?
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I'm in Northern Ontario.
                          Around the Cochrane area.

Comment

Working...
                          X