Grabbed another PRO Kelly 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grabbed another PRO Kelly 95

So this one involved a 6 hour round trip to Miami. But worth it!!
    Rare green metallic flake. Sounds mean and shreds.
    Grabbed the orignal pickups from Germany. So I guess this axe literally went around the world from my trip and the pickups

Only other Pro I need is the Warrior. That damn
    thing was all over a few years ago and now a drought..
    Check out the Kelly

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

That Kelly has been on ebay a few times. The non-factory finish turned me off.

Comment

Is this the one with the headstock crack? I saw one on Craigslist in Miami, price was a bit high for me.

Comment

The finish is factory. Not sure why you think its not factory..
        Yes small crack repaired. Done right. Im very picky and I could let it slide so its not bad at all. Grabbed it at great price. And from a great guy
        Only things it needed was a set of new tuners and orignal pickups. Super clean
        Last edited by Jackrippedv; 10-13-2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I’ve seen that one (THOUGHT it was one) a few times and been sorely tempted. LOVE the finish but assumed it was a refin. Nope, right in the 1995 catalog, code “SGM” for sparkle green metallic.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            That Kelly has been on ebay a few times. The non-factory finish turned me off.
            Yeah, I remember a while back thinking the same thing when I saw one online with the green sparkle.

Originally posted by Jackrippedv View Post
            Not sure why you think its not factory..
            Because they're rarely seen.
            I'd be surprised if I saw a half dozen online in that finish in my ridiculous amount of hours on various Jackson forums and elsewhere.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
              I’ve seen that one (THOUGHT it was one) a few times and been sorely tempted. LOVE the finish but assumed it was a refin. Nope, right in the 1995 catalog, code “SGM” for sparkle green metallic.
              Yes, indeed it is a factory finish. I remember at least one or two members here, many years ago, having a Kelly in the same finish.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep
                I seen a King v pro with a gold metallic finish on you tube. If you search you can see it. Signed by Grover and Mustaine. Thats a rare color too.

Comment

Glad you are enjoying it brotha LOVED the neck on it, but it was the one the had to go.

The funds went to a Mint 2012 USA Sl2 Soloist and also towards the 2011 Kv2T

Can't wait to see the Kelly when you're all done!
                  Last edited by Mikeyboyeee; 10-26-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyboyeee View Post
                    Glad you are enjoying it brotha LOVED the neck on it, but it was the one the had to go.

The funds went to a Mint 2012 USA Sl2 Soloist and also towards the 2011 Kv2T

Can't wait to see the Kelly when you're all done!
                    Ty Mike
                    It was nice to take the trip to see you and grab it!
                    Wish we could have spent a little more time and jammed a bit. But maybe when the Kelly is done I can swing by show you and make the time to jam!
                    Would love to see your new toys. Kv looks beautiful.
                    Yes the neck on the Kelly is fast and sleek. Will hit you up when its done. And I can relate there is always one to let go for another no matter how hard it is
                    Be good my friend

Comment

Ty Mike
                      It was nice to take the trip to see you and grab it!
                      Wish we could have spent a little more time and jammed a bit. But maybe when the Kelly is done I can swing by show you and make the time to jam!
                      Would love to see your new toys. Kv looks beautiful.
                      Yes the neck on the Kelly is fast and sleek. Will hit you up when its done. And I can relate there is always one to let go for another no matter how hard it is
                      Be good my friend
                      I was actually looking at this exact Kelly back when it was for sale in Ohio (I'm guessing since you got it in Miami Mike bought it from that guy, and then it went to you after). The original seller in Ohio wanted something like $950 for it which with the headstock repair and EMG HZ pickups was kind of ridiculous.

This guitar actually has two repaired cracks in the headstock if I recall correctly (one through the "a" and one through the "n"). Repaired well, but that's why I passed on it myself.

How much did you end up paying, if you don't mind my asking? Been on the lookout for one but folks seem to REALLY wanna overprice these to an insane degree.
                      Last edited by Customguitars87; 10-27-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Customguitars87 View Post
                        I was actually looking at this exact Kelly back when it was for sale in Ohio (I'm guessing since you got it in Miami Mike bought it from that guy, and then it went to you after). The original seller in Ohio wanted something like $950 for it which with the headstock repair and EMG HZ pickups was kind of ridiculous.

This guitar actually has two repaired cracks in the headstock if I recall correctly (one through the "a" and one through the "n"). Repaired well, but that's why I passed on it myself.

How much did you end up paying, if you don't mind my asking? Been on the lookout for one but folks seem to REALLY wanna overprice these to an insane degree.
                        There is 2 cracks. They have been repaired very well. I can tell unless im staring at it up in my face. Its funny the cracks are only like a hair line. No paint is missing at all. The SGM sparkle green metallic is also very rare.
                        Yep I bought the orignal pickups from Germany. J50n and j92c. New Jackson tuners period correct as well.
                        I paid $700 for it because Mike is an awesome bro! And a 6 hour round trip to Miami.
                        Yes all the 90-95 Pro's are sought after and people know it so some charge crazy prices!! If you keep an eye on the Bay and Verb you can catch some deals. If there is one you really want be prepared to pay...for instance my Mustaine King V Pro mint in the wrapper 94 model Ohsc never seen anywhere really . That one hit the pocket book Hard. But pay for what you get and hope for a deal.
                        The Kelly will be posted soon with updated picks on this thread.
                        One thing thats driving me crazy..... Where and who has a Warrior Pro for sale lol
                        Last edited by Jackrippedv; 10-30-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

There is 2 cracks. They have been repaired very well. I can tell unless im staring at it up in my face. Its funny the cracks are only like a hair line. No paint is missing at all. The SGM sparkle green metallic is also very rare.
                          Yep I bought the orignal pickups from Germany. J50n and j92c. New Jackson tuners period correct as well.
                          I paid $700 for it because Mike is an awesome bro! And a 6 hour round trip to Miami.
                          Yes all the 90-95 Pro's are sought after and people know it so some charge crazy prices!! If you keep an eye on the Bay and Verb you can catch some deals. If there is one you really want be prepared to pay...for instance my Mustaine King V Pro mint in the wrapper 94 model Ohsc never seen anywhere really . That one hit the pocket book Hard. But pay for what you get and hope for a deal.
                          The Kelly will be posted soon with updated picks on this thread.
                          One thing thats driving me crazy..... Where and who has a Warrior Pro for sale lol
                          I hear ya, $700 isn't a terrible price even with the headstock damage. I would have maybe paid that if I was local and could play it first.

I like to catch the Professional Pro models when someone has no idea what they have (usually that would be Guitar Center). I got my favorite Jackson, a 90' Fusion Professional Pro, for less than $200 .

The only other Jackson I want is a Kelly Pro (the Warrior is cool but a little too extreme for me), but those Kellys do seem to be very rare. At the prices (or several hundred less than) people are trying to get for these I can easily just get a USA Kelly...so it's really not worth it. Some nut on Reverb has a dinged up Kelly Pro that he wants $1700 for .

If I spot a Kelly that's undamaged for under $1000 I will probably snatch it up. We'll see what comes along in the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Customguitars87 View Post
                            I hear ya, $700 isn't a terrible price even with the headstock damage. I would have maybe paid that if I was local and could play it first.

I like to catch the Professional Pro models when someone has no idea what they have (usually that would be Guitar Center). I got my favorite Jackson, a 90' Fusion Professional Pro, for less than $200 .

The only other Jackson I want is a Kelly Pro (the Warrior is cool but a little too extreme for me), but those Kellys do seem to be very rare. At the prices (or several hundred less than) people are trying to get for these I can easily just get a USA Kelly...so it's really not worth it. Some nut on Reverb has a dinged up Kelly Pro that he wants $1700 for .

If I spot a Kelly that's undamaged for under $1000 I will probably snatch it up. We'll see what comes along in the next few months.
                            Yes I search guitar center also and sometimes they are clueless. Check out another thread I have in the import Jackson section. Story about my 93 Rr Pro Professional. Cool story
                            Good luck on your Kelly voyage. Seen a Jackson Kelly custom Japan issue same as the Pro on Ebay for under $1k. Only difference is the logo isnt pearl and has Grover Jackson instead of the Jackson logo. Black with a few nicks.
                            Check it out
                            Last edited by Jackrippedv; 10-31-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Yes I search guitar center also and sometimes they are clueless. Check out another thread I have in the import Jackson section. Story about my 93 Rr Pro Professional. Cool story
                              Good luck on your Kelly voyage. Seen a Jackson Kelly custom Japan issue same as the Pro on Ebay for under $1k. Only difference is the logo isnt pearl and has Grover Jackson instead of the Jackson logo. Black with a few nicks.
                              Check it out
                              https://imgur.com/a/45jgjuD
                              Thanks! I remember that thread, there is another RR Professional Pro for a decent price (I think around $850 shipped?) on Ebay right now as well but I'm really after a Kelly. I did see that one you linked to, but I'm really a stickler for the real pearl logos on Jacksons (I know it's silly, but I just feel like non-inlaid logos on guitars that expensive are a copout). I also think that guitar is overseas if I remember correctly...would definitely prefer to buy within the states.

The hunt continues!

Comment

Working...
                              X