SL3X... what to look for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL3X... what to look for...

Going to loom at one tomorrow, the price is good...anything out of the ordinary to be on the lookout for on it?? Im new to the neck thru thing, have always had bolt ons aside from the dst1. I havent really picked up on anything googling other than the pickup can be rather tame, but I have a spare j90c I can drop in it....
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Am I still the only JCFer that has actually reviewed an SL3X with any kind of detail?

Here is my thread about the one I had: https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...n-SL3X-Soloist

Based on my tiny sample size of one specimen, which colors all my future interactions with other SL3X guitars, I'd be looking for the bridge/neck alignment issue that was the biggest fault that plagued mine. Obviously, a sample size of one is too small to make generalizations, and it could very well be that other SL3X guitars are fine in that regard.
    Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-05-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

What was the neck profile like??
      A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Instantly familiar and comfortable. Felt similar to my 1998 USA Shannon Soloist which I've owned since 2004.

In my review thread that I linked above, I believed the guitar had a 3-way switch, but the switch was kind of recessed into the body deep enough that it was preventing the switch from getting to positions 1 and 5. After I set up the guitar and tightened those switch screws to the body, the switch revealed its positions 1 and 5 after all.

Comment

Working...
        X