Are MIJ Jacksons coming back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    Up until 2015 when FMIC took control over Fender Japan, it was run autonomously and they produced quite a wide variety of guitars, many of them high end. Base prices of many of these models were $1k USD and up, though not many of them make it here to the states unless you import/buy them used yourself, many of the strats are Floyded models. The level of hardware is the easiest way to spot them. All the high end builds are Gotoh equipped. The imports that usually made it here were usually budget or mid-range as to not compete with the FMIC USA line and Japanese dealers were not allowed to sell the Japanese market guitars abroad or they would get their dealerships revoked.
    Sounds like Fender Japan guitar would've been right up my alley. I like my strats to have a humbucker and a Floyd with the flatter radius of the necks on the '80s contemporary series. Oh, that white guitar is sweet by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post
      Sounds like Fender Japan guitar would've been right up my alley. I like my strats to have a humbucker and a Floyd with the flatter radius of the necks on the '80s contemporary series. Oh, that white guitar is sweet by the way.
      Thanks! You can search Ishibashi's U-Box. They usually have a good amount of used MIJ Fenders, you'll pay a little more but the selection of Japanese Market Fenders is much better than ebay or reverb, which generally only tends to have the cheaper models or the ones Fender USA allowed to be imported. The white one I posted is nicer than the MIJ Pro Mods I've played, but it has a very Strat neck.

They did a lot of weird stuff, like this Spiderman guitar... they weren't under FMIC control back then. Now it's pretty much business as usual.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        Who is making Fender's Japanese line? Fujigen Gakki?

If Fujigen were to also make Jacksons... heaven sent!
        Isn't that who made the early 90's Japanese Jacksons?
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Chushin Gakki made the Japanese Charvels and Jacksons from 1986-2011.

Fujigen Gakki is mostly known for making guitars for Ibanez (easily identified by their F-serial numbers) and Fender (Fender Japan, and Heartfield). They also have their own line called FGN.

Comment

Working...
          X