Jackson soloist Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson soloist Pro

Does anyone have any info on Jackson soloist pro's made in japan? I would appreciate any info.

Re: Jackson soloist Pro

Well just imagine a SL1, with a Schaller Floyd and Jackson pickups(with midboost). And the wings are poplar instead of alder. I probably missed something essential. Oh well...

Comment

Actually it had the Gain Boost, not the Mid Sweep (Boost), but other than that, the 1990-94 Soloist Pros were equal to the 1990-94 USA Soloists.
      And the tremolos (mostly) were made by Takeuchi, which is basically the Japanese pronunciation of "Schaller" cuz they're identical [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Necks are thin compared to new jackson selects. Tremolo in my sl pro says "made in germany by schaller" Great guitars.

Comment

Use search function.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i tried search, i used keywords such as "japanese" "Soloist pro" etc..but didnt pull up anything. My friend sold me his soloist pro for $300, good guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Actually it had the Gain Boost, not the Mid Sweep (Boost), but other than that, the 1990-94 Soloist Pros were equal to the 1990-94 USA Soloists.
              And the tremolos (mostly) were made by Takeuchi, which is basically the Japanese pronunciation of "Schaller" cuz they're identical [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Newc, mine says Schaller...???...

Comment

normally they where equipped with a "Schaller Made In Germany" floyd rose II trem.
                absolutely nice guitars.

Comment

Hmmm. Then I got hosed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    i tried search, i used keywords such as "japanese" "Soloist pro" etc..but didnt pull up anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's odd. You didn't do it right. I just pulled up TOO many threads (the search function on this board doesn't seem to work as well as on the old board). Anyway, I found 3 good threads:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...818&Forum=,,,,,,,,,,,f3,,,,,,,,,,,&Words=Soloist%20Pro&a mp;Searchpage=11&Limit=25&Main=67818&S earch=true&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1 &newerval=&newertype=&olderval=1&o ldertype=w&bodyprev=#Post67818

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...226&Forum=,,,,,,,f3,,,,,,,&Words=Soloist%20Pro&Searc hpage=7&Limit=25&Main=68207&Search=tru e&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newe rval=&newertype=&olderval=1&oldertype= w&bodyprev=#Post68226

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...614&Forum=,,f3,,&Words=Soloist%20Pro&Searchpage=2&am p;Limit=25&Main=68599&Search=true&wher e=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=& newertype=&olderval=1&oldertype=w&body prev=#Post68614

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

maybe i am just retarded, could be, did try. You searching the new or old board?

Comment

Why do people keep talking about the Old board? Is there a way to see the old board? I automatically get sent here... how can I view the old board?

Comment

i click on the original link i had and it has a message up top that says, to click on the link for the new board.

Comment

Well the current Jackson Soloist Pro (Japan)I played today is a great guitar by any measure. It had Seymour Duncan pups of some type and a Jackson-Floyd trem with the shark fins but no neck binding and was selling for a little over $1000, retail probably $1500+. Lightning fast and classic cutting Jackson tone. I normally don't like rail pups since they hurt clean tones, but the neck rail in the one I played had a terrific lead sound, so I guess it would be worth it if you have more than one guitar.

Definitely a worthy guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

SL3? Maybe? $1000 screw that! That's way more than I'd pay for one.... You can get a USA slightly used for less than that...

Comment

Working...
                              X