Thoughts on Jackson SLSMG Soloist Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Jackson SLSMG Soloist Guitar

I was killing some time today and went to the local guitar center. They had a couple of Japanese-made Jackson SLSMG Soloist in stock at $909, but they also had one that was recently returned by a customer onsale at $489.

I played the "customer return" model for a bit and liked it. The neck-through construction was really nice. Any thoughts or opinions about this guitar? I really shouldn't buy another guitar (already own 2 Jackson Dinky's) but this one was really tempting at $489 for a neck-through soloist.

Here's a link to the guitar on the Jackson website:
    Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Re: Thoughts on Jackson SLSMG Soloist Guitar

Imo , you should buy it. 489 is a steal for that guitar. Plus it is very close to the USA quality IMO. The best import IMO.

Comment

Thanks Hambucker. I'm gonna go back to guitar center today and take another look at the guitar. It's very, very tempting....

Comment

I'd check it over very closely. Guitar stores usually don't make that big of a slash, even for used, unless there's something wrong, or unless its on consignment and they're not gonna make much money anyway.

Comment

Thanks Sephiroth. Interestingly, I just found a previous post in this forum that showed the same discounted price from another Guitar Center in Virginia. Looks like they had discounted the SLSMG down to $489 too. (The one I saw was at the Guitar Center in San Francisco).

I wonder if there is a nationwide sale on this model??

Comment

I'll have to check the GC around here, maybe they have one at that price

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Thanks Sephiroth. Interestingly, I just found a previous post in this forum that showed the same discounted price from another Guitar Center in Virginia. Looks like they had discounted the SLSMG down to $489 too. (The one I saw was at the Guitar Center in San Francisco).

I wonder if there is a nationwide sale on this model??

[/ QUOTE ]

Could also mean that the SLSMG model is on its way out, although I don't think we've heard anything to that effect.

Comment

hope not, i wish they have more colors/finishes for this guitar.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                X