Mods and Imports thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mods and Imports thread...

My SD Student Concert bass had the battery clip on the control cavity cover. Actually, they had to relocate it because it put the battery right over the 3-way pickup selector, so it had two sets of rivets.

But that is a cool idea to mount the box on the cavity cover.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The only Charvel I ever bought new, but modded the crap outta it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      My Model 2 with an OFR,...replaced locking nut with a real Kahler-made one in chrome, installed white EMG 81 and pickup ring (had to dowel and redrill for the smaller pickup ring),... covered the original volume hole with a chrome washer and nut, and drilled new ones for a volume and tone. Plays as well as it ever did!

I like the chrome hardware on white look:

"Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thanks for liking my mod, guys! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Newc : How did you go about covering that KV in fabric?

Comment

ModPodge craft glue [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Cut a paper template, then cut the fabric. It came out a bit sloppy, and the "crotch" was a little saggy, but those angles are a bit hard to cut for. I did the entire body and the back of the neck and headstock. The fabric is thin cotton, so it didn't add too much to the weight or dull the tone. Then I just glazed it over with more glue (the same glue used to turn jigsaw puzzles into hangable pictures) and sanded it smooth. It wasn't glassy smooth, but it did kinda have the texture of snake skin.
            I sold it to a JCF'er (still can't figure out why I sold it).

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

This was my one shot at glory. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It came out pretty cool, but had to sell it at tax time to pay the man. I will be starting on another model 2 warbird soon as the humid weather goes away.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

http://razorback.ca/sinergy/misc/gear1.JPG

Painted Bevels white, installed EMGs, put a neck pickup Pull/push switch volume control (inside the control cavity, set the EMG 89 permenantly on single coil).

Comment

SLSMG Satin Black: EMG 81/60, graphite nut, Sperzel Trimlok, Dunlop Straplok.

SLSMG Violin Brown: EMG 81/85, graphite nut, Sperzel Trimlok, Dunlop Straplok, satin finish neck.

DXMG (bought to 8daysafter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ): chrome hardware, Gotoh tuners, OFR, Duncan TB6 B and SH6N, Dunlop Straplok, D Tuna, unfinished neck.

And my USA DR2: chrome metal pups rings, OFR, EMG 81/85, Dunlop Straplok.

Comment

very cool mods here around! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

here is a picture of my 375DLX. i added a 475 neck, the JE1200 midboost (no tonepot anymore), the J-200 SCs, a Dimarzio Super3 which could be switched directly to the outputplug (mini-switch).

this one was a dinky rev.
                    i changed the neck with my WRXT and added the chrome hardware.

and here is the warrior rev.

hope you´ll like it.

Comment

I don't own this any more, but It started out as a DK-2. I replaced the pickups with EMG 81/SA/SA and added an Afterburner. Replaced all the hardware for gold including new grovers and replaced the neck with USA fusion pro (ebony with MOP sharkies and MOP logo) I had to modify the neck pocket a hair so the fusion on the neck matched the 25-1/2 scale on the DK-2 body. Played great!

"My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Oops! That's a Fusion Pro neck NOt a USA. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Jim
                        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Since Jackson keeps ignoring my pleas for an SL1H (a 22 fret, 1H, 1 vol, neck-through, Floyded Soloist) for us EVH fans, I made my SL4 into one, ditching the unnecessary electronics. I also swapped the SD for an EMG 85 and added a TremSetter. I love this guitar, and if Jackson ever does make an SL1H, they can count me in.

It's kinda hard to see in this pic, since the guitar is black, but here goes anyway:

Comment

Cool! What did you use to fill the neck pickup route and electronics holes?

Comment

Thanks. I used a block of maple (+ wood putty) to fill the neck pickup route, and wood putty to fill the blade switch slot and tone knob hole. I wanted to switch the output jack to a Strat-style mounted upside down (like a Hamer Californian or JEM) too, but I got lazy. Next, I think I'm going to swap in an OFR with a D-Tuna. (I like the Jackson trem, but I don't think I can use a D-Tuna with it.)

Comment

What hardware color do you guys think looks better on my red JDR-94 "Jackson Dinky Reverse":

Red, Black, or Chrome???

Comment

Working...
                                X