Mods and Imports thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods and Imports thread...

Hey guys, what mods have YOU done to your import Jackson's to make them what you WANT them to be!?!?!? Please post Pics!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Mods and Imports thread...

First thing I did was level the frets, now it's nice to have relatively low action and no buzzing. Then I swapped out the Duncan designed pups and put in carvin ap 11 single coils and a M22 hb. Then I replaced the liscensed Floyd with an Original Floyd. Also replaced the tone and volume pot, and that be what I did to mine

Comment

Replaced bridge pickup with dimarzio super distortion, put straplocks on, and finally disconnecting the tone pot.
      Thinking about sanding the neck also....

Comment

I'm going to be doing an ebonizing project next week, so I'll have pictures available then. So far, I've only swapped out the stock pickups for EMGs (borrrrr-ING!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and added binding to the necks and headstocks... pics can be found in my binding thread in Tech Q&A:

Click here for the link with photos

Enjoy!

Comment

Well, I got my '94 Professional Dinky HX around '95 and the first mod I did to it was put on a DiMarzio Cliplock strap, change the pups to passive EMG Selects, used them for a quite a few years until I put in a real EMG 85/60 set. The only other thing I added recently was a sticker on the body. It's still going strong, been used for different tunings (E, Eb or D), haven't done any work to it aside from a very occasional truss rod tweak. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Here are the last two Jacksons I own at the moment... the one import Dinky HX and one USA JJP.
          http://photobucket.com/albums/v91/To...t=Jacksons.jpg
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've modded most of my Jacksons in one way or another. The one that I'm most attached to is this:

It seems like I'm always posting that pic. I started with a stock JDX-94 Concept that needed a refret. Since it was going to the shop anyway, I had the white dot inlays replaced with gold MOP...even the side dots. The stock black hardware was replaced with gold, and the Jackson bridge humbucker was swapped out in favor of a Duncan JB. After years of abuse, that guitar is my "relic" model now.

I also have a Dinky Pro XL with a JB in the bridge, Lil' 59er in the neck and a replacement Schaller Floyd. My Soloist Pro had the Jackson humbucker and active circuit replaced with a Duncan Full Shred, was wired tone/tone/volume, and refinished in Gun Metal Gray at GMW. Most of my guitars have the trems blocked too.
            sigpic

Comment

<font color="aqua">Well this WAS a Charvel Avenger but I truly believe it was "born" as a Jackson 24 fretter Rhoads [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And this is my KE3DK2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

</font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

More pictures of modifications are welcomed!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

You knew this one was coming [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

WRMG with DK2 neck and hundreds of Metal pyramids and domes and spikes on the top - the TOTAL METAL MELTDOWN Warrior! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

1990 Soloist Pro - replaced all the hardware with Gold (including gold OFR), and painted a gold Playboy Bunnyhead on it.
                  The trim around the Bunny in the pic is automotive pinstriping, but I took that off and put on black striping around it instead (to hide the flaws at the edges), and trimmed the body in thin gold striping to look like binding [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Also the head and neck are bound in the same gold pinstriping.

Blackbird1 1990 Warrior Pro. I painted the crappy lines on it, and the sweet decals are waterslides I made [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't own these anymore, but they were great:

Charvel Model 2 body with Flying Tiger decal:

Mustaine KV Pro I covered in Snakeskin fabric and added a stopbar/TOM:

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My '03 DK-2. Used to be EDS but now sports the black body seen here. Seymour Duncan pickups (SSL6-SSL6-Custom). Replaced electronics with WD and CTS stuff. Fender jimi Hendrix neckplate. This is my current favorite.

My SLSMG Flametop. Duncans (PG-C5) and Sperzels. Replaced electronics. Added 5-way for coil-tap options. This guitar RULES in the studio.

Comment

My DXMG:

EMG 85b/81n pickups:

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/34...3_2004-005.JPG

Battery box in the control cavity route:

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/34...3_2004-006.JPG
                      http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/34...3_2004-007.JPG
                      http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/34...3_2004-008.JPG

Comment

I change bridges to OFR's and swap necks, pickups and whatever.

http://www.shawnlutz.com/myguitars.htm

The imports make a great "base" for a killer guitar for very little money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

"Battery box in the control cavity route:"

Hey, I like that. Good thinking there Shawn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            "Battery box in the control cavity route:"

Hey, I like that. Good thinking there Shawn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that was my thinking and my post, not Shawn's.

Comment

That is a very cool idea to put the battery box right through the cavity plate! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X