Mods and Imports thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mods and Imports thread...

Black looks better on lighter colors like red.
    Gold is too close in the color spectrum, and the reflectiveness of both gold and chrome will also absorb the body color, causing an unpleasant view to the eye.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dr Newcenstein: Mad Scientist and Interior Decorator extraordinaire. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There's RED hardware? Anodized or whatever?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Dr Newcenstein: Mad Scientist and Interior Decorator extraordinaire. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahahaha! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

BLACK
          my choice would be
          always black hw, regardless of the color the axe is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          andy

Comment

I'm seriously considering buying an JS30RR and mod the hell out of it.. I got some cool doable ideas.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'm seriously considering buying an JS30RR and mod the hell out of it.. I got some cool doable ideas.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole JS30 series is BEGGING for freaks like us to mod the poo out of! It's the perfect vehicle to do so. I'm thinking adding automotive pinstripe tape to the necks and headstocks to act as binding, carving a non-recessed OFR route and putting a 42mm block (non-recessed) Floyd Rose in there along with a Floyd locknut, sticking MOP inlay stickers that Newc asked about in another thread, and swapping out the pickups and electronics. It'd probably end up being more expensive than a regular Pro Series Jackson, but hey, you'd have a 24-fret bolt-on Rhoads that looks sort of like a USA one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My thoughts exactly, if I can find a stash of JS30s (Warriors, King Vs, Rhoads) for at or under $200 each [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X