Can you help ID this Kelly....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you help ID this Kelly....?

NOTP - you ever thought it might be easier to buy a KE2 instead [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

R

Comment

Actually, I would LOVE to have a KE2 and just recently put it on my "G.A.S." list! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I fell in love with my KE3 again after not playing her for a few months! The balance is PERFECT when standing up, although I prefer my Soloist when sitting down.

Comment

I think yours is like mine, KE3R from 1997. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Facebook - Youtube

Comment

He didn't mention that it had a reverse headstock, just the reverse sharkfins, I think. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

kuerbo:
            Yeah - apart from the reverse hedstock it looks the same....except mine was black of course!

NOTP:
            Sitting down - with a Kelly...nononononono [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

R

Comment

Well, I've adapted the Kelly shape to my sitting practice sessions, and it's not so bad. I sit on a padded "doctor's waiting room" chair, so I put the big wing up against the back of the chair to stabilize it and I sit nearly sideways on the chair, basically a normal sitting position but rotated about 45 degrees clockwise. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I used to slip it over my left leg (rather than right) and hold the neck up high. Meant the neck was stuck way out - ok for high up solos but not so good for crucnch and chords.

Damn I miss my Kelly - can't wait for my KE2 to turn up!

Comment

That's why I love it!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Soloing, I find, is MUCH easier when your hand is in line with your shoulder or beyond, but not any closer. With Strat-style guitars, the guitar sits too far to the right, so the 24th fret is where my kidney is, which I find too cramped to solo on.

Comment

I dig mine a lo too. I changed the stock thin sounding Jackson bridge pickup for a Kent armstrong and now it rocks!. I tune her to D with 10 - 52 Dean Markleys.
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Dude, same tuning and same gauge strings on my KE3 as well! It was like it was MADE to be in that tuning with those strings. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I know! It rips!, i'm gonna post a sound clip in the MP3's section for you to hear mine. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I recorded this a year ago using the KE3 during a time when I was busy sculpting out new guitar tones, but it was before I put the EMGs into the guitar and I hadn't tuned her to D yet:

Iron Maiden - "The Trooper" sample cover

I haven't got around to recording anything since then. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It says "file not found"...
                            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Oh crap, I forgot. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I have to upload it somewhere else. OnlineRock suspended a few of my accounts a few months ago. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll do it tonight... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My KE3's serial number reads "J 012096" on the back of the headstock.

And my song link (click here).

Comment

Working...
                                X