DK2LE ready to roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DK2LE ready to roll

I thought we were 2 weeks away 3 weeks ago. I just called Kevin 5 minutes ago and he still hasn't heard anymore on them. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I talked to Kevin today also and he said he hasn't recieved them yet, but was expecting them anytime. Sounded pretty frustrated with the whoever he deals with at Jackson to get the guitars.

The wait has sure sucked, but I think it'll feel worth it once the guitar is in hand.

Comment

It may have been worth the wait if it were for some really special $3000.00 custom limited production USA custom shop guitar....but for an import dinky....nah. I think this whole deal has turned into a crappy transaction. It's just like going to a Chevy dealer to order a special color on a Cavalier. You're gonna get put on the back burner. KEv put this deal on the back burner and Jackson / Easton Guitars dropped the ball. It's totally understandable and I'm not pissed at him or Jackson (anymore) but let this be a lesson for the people who want to get in a hurry to "up" the funds for the next import "SE". Something dealers should realize is that no matter how much or how little a customer is spending, they're still a customer. As a business owner myself it took me some time to put this theory into perspective, but I did. I can only hope that Jackson AND Easton Guitars get a handle on this also. That's all I'm gonna say for now.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

For whatever happens now regarding the run, I think the good part of it was that we were able to actually get together and agree on a set of specs for it. That's some good forum communication that can be used for other projects.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            For whatever happens now regarding the run, I think the good part of it was that we were able to actually get together and agree on a set of specs for it. That's some good forum communication that can be used for other projects.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're obviously a true optimist........it doesn't seem to me that good forum communication helped much in this matter. Oh yeah, it was cool that we all agreed on something....but what about the delivery of that "something" ? [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

mm2002, for as upset as you seem to be about all this, I don't understand why you didn't just get your money back when Kevin offered that.

Comment

I think that for a guitar as special and limited as this is, it is worth the wait, even though we were initially quoted a far shorter waiting period. Given that we DID all agree on something (no mean feat in and of itself), and that it has special meaning (an assumption, but a valid one in these circumstances) for those who participated in this project, why not look on the bright side and be happy that we are about to receive these special guitars? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sure, Jackson screwed up, and some of us may want to hold Easton Guitar partially responsible for the mistake as well, but for a large manufacturing entity like Jackson, as long as this sort of thing doesn't occur on a regular basis, I think situations like these comes with the territory of placing special orders. Sometimes the order gets lost or delayed in the red tape, and that's to be expected. I am not saying this is desirable or should happen often, just that occassionally someone along the chain screws up, because we are all just humans.

Given that we've had to jump through various hurdles to get to this point, I think it's best to at least try to enjoy the outcome of all this =)

Cheers [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  mm2002, for as upset as you seem to be about all this, I don't understand why you didn't just get your money back when Kevin offered that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh hey, I'm just venting again! I tend to be a grouch sometimes. The whole deal did upset me but I've got a lot more important things to deal with, so it's really no biggie.

Comment

I for one am pumped and excited even more, the wait has made the excited even more fun and to be this close, I can almost smell the new case opening and tubes warming up in the VHT waiting to crank this puppy up. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I for one am pumped and excited even more, the wait has made the excited even more fun and to be this close, I can almost smell the new case opening and tubes warming up in the VHT waiting to crank this puppy up. Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what we were all thinking in June!! Just chill out and turn off the VHT Jack........don't waste the electricity just yet! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn it, just burnt the tubes out, why didn`t you tell me this 3 months ago [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          we've had to jump through various hurdles

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hoops, you mean. One jumps OVER hurdles, Yogi. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Does anyone know if these are still availible? I tried calling Easton but all I got was a recording

Comment

I beleive he has a few left. I don`t know when you tried to call him, but he answers about 90% of the time I call him. Keep trying and get one man!! Jack.

Comment

I called Kevin on Thursday (I think) and checked to see if there were any left. He said there were but once they arrive, they've got to meet his inspection. I sent in my check. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Can't wait 'til this baby arrives!
                                My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Working...
                                X