My Jackson.. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jackson.. ?

This may seem like a sin to the guitar gods but I'm not sure what model my first and only electric guitar is.

I bought it off my friend about a year ago when I had first begun playing guitar. He told me he thinks he was the 2nd owner of the guitar but may very well have been the 3rd.

I asked him what model it was and he said he wasn't sure because it was his first guitar. He said it believes it was produced in the mid-80s

It's a black Jackson with the "Dinky" type body. It has a Humbucker, and two single coils. It has dot inlays, and only 22 frets which seems unusual for a Jackson too me. Tuners, pegs, and bridge are chrome with black volume knobs (has a rough grippy texture) It does NOT have the reverse-headstock like most "Dinky" body Jacksons that I see in magazines these days. There is no binding on the neck/headstock. Also, a small characteristic that might come into play- When I adjusted the intonation on the bridge, I noticed that on most all guitars the cube thingys (I don't know what they're called) move horizontally, where as mine move vertically when I adjust them

I would feel like a good daddy if I knew what model/year Jackson I was playing

I'm going to try to get my friends digital camera, cause it just eats at me a little bit everyday

There is also no type of tagging anywhere on the guitar body, neck, or headstock other than the word Jackson lol. However, on the back of the headstock there is a sticker with: 65003634, which probably doesn't help the cause but it's worth a shot

I kept looking for any type of name anywhere on the guitar that would give me a clue, but there is literally nothing.

It'll probably turn out to be some piece of junk, but I don't care I love it, and just want to know what it is..

Re: My Jackson.. ?

Yeah, welcome, and post pics. Is it a bolt on? If so, it's a Dinky. Describe the plate (address, etc). If it's neck through it's a Soloist. What is the serial number?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I probably won't be able to get pics for a couple days.

The neck is a bolt on.

There is no information on the guitar anywhere except "Jackson" on the headstock, and that sticker on the back of the headstock with 65003634. Should I take the plates off and look further?

Thanks for the welcome [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Sure sounds like a lower level import Dinky. I doubt it's from the mid 80s then. It may not even be Japanese. Maybe describe the bridge a little better, or find a Jackson in the gallery or on eBay that looks similar.

Comment

Okay, I decided since I wont get the pics for a few days, it'll be quicker to "draw" the bridge.. it's not great but it should give you an idea of what im talking about

Hope this makes things easier instead of harder...

Comment

Hmmm, that looks a lot like the Strat style trems that can be found on stuff like the current JS20

http://jacksonguitars.com/gear/gear....tno=JS20_Dinky

Comment

Bingo.

So thats her huh?

Comment

Is that like the cheapest Jackson sold or something? [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

When were the JS20s introduced? Where can I read more? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Is that like the cheapest Jackson sold or something? [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something like that, yes! But if you love it, then who cares? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anders
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Unless you paid $500 of course!

Anders
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

lol

I got that an a small 50watt marshall 1x8 or something for $100

It looks just like mine but not 100%, where can I find some info on when they were introduced into the market and such. This model has to be 10years old

Comment

Hmmm. You adjusted the intonation and the saddles (the block thingys) moved up and down instead of forward (neck) and back (strap pin)? In that case, you adjusted the action (string height), not the intonation (distance from saddle to head).

As for the sticker on the back of the head, I'd say it's a mid-90's model, as I believe all the more recent imports (98 and up?) had stamped numbers on the neck plate, however they also only had 6 digits and usually said "Professional" or "Performer" or something else on the head after the logo.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,

To correct myself, I had my local guitar shop adjust the intonation. Yes, they moved up and down, not left to right. I noticed when I got it back some of the blocks were raised a little more than others and from the 12th fret on it was in perfect tune, whereas it wasn't before. The action wasn't adjusted.

When I needed to adjust the action, it was acessed through the headstock

Anyways. someone told me it's a early 90s PS1, which I think it is.

STILL working on pictures, not that it'll probably do any good at this point.

But I greatly appreciate everyones help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

To answer your question, the guitar was introduced in 1998. Made in India. I wouldn't necessarily call it the cheapest Jackson sold, I'd say that it's a more or less no-frills guitar. Good for an entry-level guitar.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

1998 Jackson PS1 made in India

Okie, Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X