Does Jackson make a Hardtail Dinky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Jackson make a Hardtail Dinky?

I loved my old Dinky XL Pro but I'm not much of a divebomber and prefer fixed bridges. I used to just have it blocked.

Lately I've been looking at Jackson again.

Do they or did they make a hardtail in the Dinky shape?

Re: Does Jackson make a Hardtail Dinky?

Here's a list to help you. Welcome to the board. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...262&Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=HX&Searchpage=1&Lim it=25&Main=243832&Search=true&where=bo dysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&amp ;newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&body prev=#Post244262
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That depends on if you mean an actual hardtail, as opposed to a TOM with stop-bar tailpiece. The only production Jacksons ever to have a true hardtail bridge were the JDX-94 Concept Dinky and the current USA Soloist SLS...unless I'm greatly mistaken. There were probably a number of early Charvels with hardtails as well.
      sigpic

Comment

DR6. Everyone forgets about the DR6 !

Comment

Thanks guys. I searched "Hardtail" but not "Fixed Bridge."

The DR6 is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Can't afford the USA's and it doesn't look like any of the import Hardtail/TOM's are still in production so I guess my best bet is Ebay?

Comment

There's a board member here (Pitboss) who was selling two DR6s not too long ago, one in black and one in tobacco sunburst. Not sure if he still has them or not, but do a search for him and send him a PM. His member number is 183.

I've got a Dinky HX that's string-thru TOM and I love it. There were only about 100 made in '94. I had two but sold one a few months back. They're sweet guitars with two humbuckers and a push/pull in the tone pot to split the pickups. They're hard to find also, but I've seen about three or four others on the net within the past few years.

If you want brand new import models available now that are string-thru, there's the MG series such as the SLSMG, DKMGT or the recently released Musician's Friend/Guitar Center model DXMGT. There was also a DX6 a couple years back, but I don't know if that's available any more.

Comment

Just emailed Pitboss before I realized he just posted on this thread!

Comment

LOL I didn't realize he posted in this thread either. I saw someone post about the DR6 and didn't even look at the screen name. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Look ^ to the newest thread. That's Pitboss' DR6 he sold to me. I am a lucky son of a gun. Sweet guitar. Pitboss if you read this, what guage strings were on there? I haven't changed them yet, but they seem thin. Granted I have been using 12's on most of my guitars lately.

Comment

10-46 GHS Boomers. 12s ? Damn, you must have strong fingers ! Yup, DR6s are nice guitars.

Comment

I noticed that Matt at Matt's Music still has a DX6 in cherry burst on his instock page.

Comment

Pitboss, not really strong fingers as much as I like lower tunings like C# or D. For standard or Eb I prefer 10's or 11's.

Comment

Working...
                        X