Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping Pitboss' DR6 in the JCF family :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Pitboss' DR6 in the JCF family :-)

Pitboss was getting rid of it and I was a willing taker. I swapped pickups for a Humbucker From Hell (neck), and Megadrive (bridge) for now and added clear pickup rings.

Ain't she sweet? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Keeping Pitboss\' DR6 in the JCF family :-)

Nice score!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I was looking into getting one of his DR6s, and probably would have went with that one over the black one, but I had a lot of bills to pay at the time and had to keep my GAS in check. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Love the clear pup rings and zebra DiMarzios, too!!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The pickups look cool as hell with the clear rings. Nice!
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Whoa ! Looks great ! I never thought clear rings would look good but it looks cool.

Comment

How do you like that Megadrive? I was looking at getting one of the now-canned DropSonics, and that's the closest thing according to the Dimarzio site.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            How do you like that Megadrive? I was looking at getting one of the now-canned DropSonics, and that's the closest thing according to the Dimarzio site.

[/ QUOTE ]
            I don't think DiMarzio has "canned" any of their pickups. If it's not listed in their online or paper catalog, you can still call them and order anything they've made.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Megadrive isn't something that made me say wow! If it doesn't grow on me, I'll find some other guitar to use it in.

DeathDaily: The only thing similar between the Drop Sonic and the Megadrive are their looks. The most similar pickup to the Megadrive (according to Dimarzio), is their Steve's Special.

Another interesting thing to note about this hardtail is that the bridge pickup spaces better with an F-space pickup rather than standard. Anyone have a zebra Super III they want to get rid of?

Comment

The guy at Sam Ash told me he couldn't order a Dropsonic anymore, I didn't know you could order straight from Dimarzio. Huh, I thought the eq chart was similar for those two. Those things do seem pretty useless.

Comment

Working...
                X