Jackson Necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Necks

I recently played a Dk2 and a Dx10D. Very cool guitars, but i am not a big fan of their necks. Are all of Jackson's necks like this? BTW, i'm new here. Thanks for the help

Re: Jackson Necks

Like what? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Recent DK necks are kinda Strattish in profile, whereas older (mid-90's "Professional" logoed) DK necks were noticeably thinner and far more comfy IMO.
    The thinnest bolt-on Jackson neck I've found comes from the Jackson JTX model, but because of the heel design it has to be cut down to fit on anything other than a JTX (Telecaster). It's easy to do as long as you have a DK neck to compare it to and make the cut just right, but it does take some time.

I haven't played a recent USA Jackson except for a few Custom Shops, so I can't say for sure if USA Select necks (other than the RR1) are Strattish or thin. The RR1 has a thin neck like the JTX (at least the 1997 RR1 I used to have did).

I don't know when or why Jackson adopted the fatter neck profile, but I wish they'd go back to the thinner profiles, or at least adopt the EVH "Frankenstrat", Wolfgang, or even the "flat spot" profile they used to have.
    Today's import necks seem like they're trying to do the old Charvel pointyhead profile, which is fine - but only for a Charvel pointyhead.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Jackson Necks

Lol typo... They're really thick around the edges and flat back. I prefer a rounder, but thin shape.

Comment

Working...
      X