Mij dkmgt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mij dkmgt

Hi there, I recently acquired a 2008 Jackson DKMGT in cobalt Blue with EMG 81/85 combo. I am looking for some help valuing the guitar! I looked back into jackson's catalogs and found original retail of 999.99$ USD. I cannot find any on reverb or online for sale anywhere, any help would be appreciated! it is in almost mint condition except for a bit of wear on the string saddles but is normal with age.

Thanks

For sale on reverb:

sold listings on reverb:

Comment

I paid $850 + tax Canadian in 2011 for my 2011 DKMGT with the newer style Jackson case.
      The MSRP back then was around $1200 for black and a bit more for some finishes.

I'd love to get $500 for it used (near mint), but I'd be very surprised if I got that.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Until fairly recently Japanese Jackson had shite resale price, like 250-300 with a hardcase, its improved a bit in the last few years but its still fairly bad compared to Japanese Ibanez or Korean LTD from that era.

On Reverb 300-400 is a good price for it without a case depending on conditions. There's a mint-looking 3 knobs DKMG but with 81/60 on Sweetwater's used section for 405 with no takers, and that's with a hard case.

Comment

I traded mine for a Les Paul.
          That guitar was cursed, I was thankful to get rid of it. I didn't even like Gibson and had them on my 'no' list, but I took it anyhow. Glad I did, new Gibson models are not like the 80/90s era I grew up with that had turned me off to them.

But, yes, I agree with the above; 2-300 seems about right.

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
          still fairly bad compared to Japanese Ibanez
          Ibanez is Japanese. It's unfair to compare a MIJ Ibanez to MIJ Jackson

Comment

Yes I remember when I could acquire two or more easily (both two and three knob) for in the $200s... and that was only a few years ago. Of course some of the cheap pricing was because people would misidentify it as a plain Dinky or call it a 'Dinky Reverse'.
            Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
            My collection also there!

Comment

Working...
            X