Looking for info on Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on Warrior

I've been scouring old catalogs and can't seem to get an idea of what I actually have. I bought this guitar used at GC in 2012. I think it's a 96 model (7 digit, 96xxxxx serial), but I can't find anything regarding a model number with this configuration. Bolt on neck, Seymour Duncan pickups, 3 knobs, and a 3 way blade style selector. One knob has a push/pull switch that activates a boost effect. I'm honestly not sure if the pickups are active, or if the 9v is just for the boost. Any help would be appreciated, here are a few pictures.https://imgur.com/a/EWrRwjK The paint is a sparkly green, but the camera doesn't really pick that up well.

That's an early WRMG. They came with EMG HZ passive pickups with a boost feature. In 2006 they switched to 2 knobs, no boost and active EMG's.

Serials hit 9700000 circa '03, so yours would be early 2000's.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

So does that mean someone else swapped the pickups on it?

Comment

Yup. I'd call it an upgrade, myself.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          That's an early WRMG. They came with EMG HZ passive pickups with a boost feature. In 2006 they switched to 2 knobs, no boost and active EMG's.

Serials hit 9700000 circa '03, so yours would be early 2000's.
          did earlier wrmgs have a blade selector like OP said? mine had a toggle-style switch.

edit: should have look at the catalog first. the wrmg's did originally have a blade selector.

Comment

I'd be curious to know what specific Seymour Duncans those are. To find out, next time you do a string change, remove all the strings, unscrew the pickup rings, and look under the pickup baseplates for the model numbers of the pickups.

The bridge pickup has the narrower standard spacing instead of the wider trembucker spacing for trem-equipped guitars, but it's mostly a visual thing.

Comment

Working...
            X