Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 MJ Series Dinky - JCFonline.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MJ Series Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJ Series Dinky

Anyone played on of these yet? I probably won't like them as much as my 90's MIJ JDR 94s but they definitely would be the closest new offering, especially curious how thin the necks are. I think it's great they are bringing back MIJ guitars. If I remember right the original Japanese Jackson builders started Caparison. Are they making these too? thanks!

These are either made at Fujigen or Dyna Gakki (Fender Japan's plant). The Charvel MJ series are Dyna Gakki, so I don't see any reason why the Dinky wouldn't also be there (Soloist and Rhoads might be at Fujigen because they're neck through).

Haven't seen them in stores yet here in Australia. The X-Series came in a week or two ago, and the Rhoads Crackle are trickling in this week across the country. Haven't seen any stores with the MJ available on the wall yet

Comment

I read that China is now making the X series and JS series of Jackson's. I've never heard of the MJ series, but I'm not really into the new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
        These are either made at Fujigen or Dyna Gakki (Fender Japan's plant). The Charvel MJ series are Dyna Gakki, so I don't see any reason why the Dinky wouldn't also be there (Soloist and Rhoads might be at Fujigen because they're neck through).

Haven't seen them in stores yet here in Australia. The X-Series came in a week or two ago, and the Rhoads Crackle are trickling in this week across the country. Haven't seen any stores with the MJ available on the wall yet
        Ah, makes sense, I forgot Fender owns Jackson now. I have a feeling there may not be too many MJs in local stores because of price, even here in Boston. Glad to see they are making them again though

Comment

Originally posted by John-w-Lawson View Post
          I read that China is now making the X series and JS series of Jackson's. I've never heard of the MJ series, but I'm not really into the new stuff.
          Yeah, they are brand new this year, pretty expensive and will probably be just a small part of Jacksons made, unlike the 90s.

Comment

Yeah., I just saw some info on them. Didn't see any for sale. I've only owned maybe three fender era charvels and Jackson's but they were U.S.A models.

not saying anything bad about MIJ's .owned many charvel and Jackson's that were MIJ. The pro "pro's" were on par with USA., as were many other MIJ models.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, I think I read on here that there's even been some pro series models made in China recently.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                If I'm not mistaken, I think I read on here that there's even been some pro series models made in China recently.
                The neck thru models were from Indonesia because Fender only knows how to make bolt ons... unless you are talking about something else.

Comment

I don't know much about the pro series from the 2000 and newer.
                  some of the first ones " looked good". Now they all have those little sharkies.
                  oh, I think I owned a v from Indonesia, it was damaged. I put in a ridiculous bid and won it and sold it for the same on here..it had a ebony board and sharkies. It was nothing close to an RR pro , pro of yester year

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

The neck thru models were from Indonesia because Fender only knows how to make bolt ons... unless you are talking about something else.
                    I guess it was a Crackle Finish Pro Series Soloist from a year ago.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

All the graphic finishes that were previously custom shop only are made in china, they have a factory there trained to make them. Crackles, Swirls, Mirror, Camo, etc... Last year's Pro Crackle SL3M, this year RR24 Crackle, Mirror Soloist, Mirror MF-1, etc... are all China.

Indonesia is still making the regular line

Comment

Not in stores yet. Probably end of April.

As an aside. Some Guitar Centers have the Korean Wildcards. They look spectacular.
                        Last edited by wrldeatr7; 03-20-2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I paid less for a USA so cal then what MJ's are going for.now.
                          everything is way over priced right now. 500. For a model 3..pfft. I've paid less for model six's

Comment

Originally posted by John-w-Lawson View Post
                            500. For a model 3..pfft. I've paid less for model six's
                            really? that rules. I think at any point in time 1986-now that would be a smokin' deal for a six.

Comment

I've had around three of them. One had updates, a Floyd and emg's an 18 volt deal.
                              but I've had three model 88's too. I've bought, sold and traded on here a lot in the past..
                              My other account that I can't get into is from 2008. john.w.lawson. wife got the email in the divorce lol but true.. I'm not bragging, wish I would have kept a few things.
                              right now I've only got two soloists, one USA one sl4 MIJ 22 fret one and a JDR-94 that I bought from JDR-94 and that beater from China Jackson dinky.
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2021, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X