Jackson Performer PS-4 Serial Number ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Performer PS-4 Serial Number ID

Hey guys. I looked at a lot of threads on here and on google about serial numbers and so far my Jackson Performer is the only one I've seen with a serial number that starts with an 8. The serial number has 7 digits and is 8633252. From everything I've read on the Japanese and Performer guitars, they usually have 6 numbers starting with 9 (Japanese) or seven numbers starting with 1 if it's Korean made. I just got the guitar and it's in Excellent condition, and I know that to really know is to take off the bolt on neck. I'll do that when it's time to change the strings, but I'm not ready to do that just yet. I'm just looking for preliminary information making sure that Performers could possibly have a serial number starting with the number 8.

Thanks guys!

Pictures would certainly assist us

Comment

Originally posted by Beotheguitarist1 View Post
      Hey guys. I looked at a lot of threads on here and on google about serial numbers and so far my Jackson Performer is the only one I've seen with a serial number that starts with an 8. The serial number has 7 digits and is 8633252. From everything I've read on the Japanese and Performer guitars, they usually have 6 numbers starting with 9 (Japanese) or seven numbers starting with 1 if it's Korean made. I just got the guitar and it's in Excellent condition, and I know that to really know is to take off the bolt on neck. I'll do that when it's time to change the strings, but I'm not ready to do that just yet. I'm just looking for preliminary information making sure that Performers could possibly have a serial number starting with the number 8.

Thanks guys!
      Most trans finish ps-4's are MIJ
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

This is NOT an MIJ

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thanks guys. I took pictures and will look on here to find out how to upload them.

Comment

Here are the photos. I hope I did this right since this is my first time doing the sharing images!

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Last edited by Beotheguitarist1; 12-30-2021, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Here are the photos. I hope I did this right since this is my first time doing the sharing images!

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Yeah, I had two of the red ones and two of the blue like that. Pretty sure the two trans colored ones are MIJ, I traded a blue one to Rick. They're a good starting point, if you can play you should be able to make most any guitar sound good.

Comment

One of the ones like yours

image_465.jpg

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I'm more curious about the serial number. Has anybody ever seen a serial number on a performer or any Jackson that starts with the number 8? There is a possibility that the serial plate could have been changed, but even if that happened, what Jackson model starts with an 8?

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I'm more curious about the serial number. Has anybody ever seen a serial number on a performer or any Jackson that starts with the number 8? There is a possibility that the serial plate could have been changed, but even if that happened, what Jackson model starts with an 8?
                    Probably a switched plate IMO. People are putting together all kinds of stuff right now or before because of high prices. The 8 doesn't mean anything I wouldn't think anyway on an import.
                    There's a dude on here that keeps a data base that will probably chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Probably a switched plate IMO. People are putting together all kinds of stuff right now or before because of high prices. The 8 doesn't mean anything I wouldn't think anyway on an import.
                      There's a dude on here that keeps a data base that will probably chime in.
                      Thanks John. I'm going to take the neck off to see what information is on there.

Comment

I took the neck apart and took some photos. If I'm correct, it's a Japanese model because it looks like the year is 1993. The Korean models weren't produced until 1995 from what I read. Still doesn't explain the serial number starting with an 8.

Comment

I took the neck apart and took some photos. If I'm correct, it's a Japanese model because it looks like the year is 1993. The Korean models weren't produced until 1995 from what I read. Still doesn't explain the serial number starting with an 8.

The concepts came out in 94 and from the JDR-94 came the PS-4

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

The concepts came out in 94 and from the JDR-94 came the PS-4
                            From my photos, does it look like 1993 or possibly 1998? Hard to tell if that's a 3 or an 8 on the body cavity.

Comment

From my photos, does it look like 1993 or possibly 1998? Hard to tell if that's a 3 or an 8 on the body cavity.
                              Looks like a 3.31 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X