Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are these worth/is this a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these worth/is this a good deal?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/calga...rce=ios_social

*PRICE IS IN CAD AND SELLER HAS AGREED TO ACCEPT $350
    Starts
    04-28-2022
    Ends
    04-28-2022

It's a good deal, but it's not from 1997. Those weren't made until 2002.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      It's a good deal, but it's not from 1997. Those weren't made until 2002.
      Really? I could have sworn I saw a couple on reverb from the 90s

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlackDinky View Post

2003-2011, they say a bunch of stuff trying to sell stuff on Reverb and Ebay
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

2002-2006 DKMG. The three control knob layout is indicative of that. The stock pickups would have been EMG-HZ. The third control knob was the EMG TurboCharger circuit, a boost.

2006-2011 DKMG had two knobs because it lost the active boost circuit but gained active EMG pickups.

Pretty good price as a Canadian, I would buy that and consider the Seymour Duncan pickups more in line with my personal preferences compared to EMGs of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            2002-2006 DKMG. The three control knob layout is indicative of that. The stock pickups would have been EMG-HZ. The third control knob was the EMG TurboCharger circuit, a boost.

2006-2011 DKMG had two knobs because it lost the active boost circuit but gained active EMG pickups.

Pretty good price as a Canadian, I would buy that and consider the Seymour Duncan pickups more in line with my personal preferences compared to EMGs of any kind.
            Really appreciate u pinpointing it. Thanks!

Comment

Also, the date stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket would fall within the 2002-2006 range. Detach the neck from the body to find out precisely.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlackDinky View Post

This is because of two main reasons:
                1. The obvious - some people intentionally lie.
                2. But the more innocent, yet more wide spread cause - there is a lot of bad information on the internet. Someone looks and sees that a serial means 1998, therefore it is 1998. Except it isn't 1998, it's a 2010.

Comment

Working...
                X