If I were to trade..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were to trade..

I got a dk2 06-09 model (real duncans, black hardware, pile of skulls graphics) It’s a really nice guitar and I love it. But, there’s this seller that wants to trade with his dk080sh. The problem is he’s in Japan so I can’t do trade cause the shipping and stuff. But let’s say he’s within walking distance, should I do it?(for future scenarios to happen lol)

I actually originally am looking for those old 22fret HS dinkies, (preferably predator/dr3/dk080/dk060) I’m just curious is it gonna be a good trade? considering the electronics and bridge are shittier I think? and less frets lol. But he actually sells it for 960$ whereas my dk2 I got it for 566$. But I can’t deny I’m really in love with the shape and I can go to a graphic painter and ask for him to do graphics as I please rather than having a pile of skulls alredy painted.(not that I don’t like it, but if I can get something custom as how I want would be cool)

I’m asking for lets say future scenarios where I can find those guitars I’m looking for. But hopefully in the future, I have the money so I don’t have to trade but I’m still curious so please answer lol.

Any old MIJ Charvel like a Predator, 3DR or DK will always be worth more, and IMHO in higher demand than a DK2, DXMG or DX10D. The old J80c and J90c pickups are awesome, and nail 80's tone for days. I always gravitate toward my J90c and J80c Charvel guitars. Even against Dimarizio's, Duncan's and EMG's the old Jackson pickups take the cake for me.

Now would I make a trade across an ocean with someone I don't know from Adam? No way in hell! The only way that would even be considered is if they were a vetted member of a forum that I could see a lot of feedback on.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
      Any old MIJ Charvel like a Predator, 3DR or DK will always be worth more, and IMHO in higher demand than a DK2, DXMG or DX10D. The old J80c and J90c pickups are awesome, and nail 80's tone for days. I always gravitate toward my J90c and J80c Charvel guitars. Even against Dimarizio's, Duncan's and EMG's the old Jackson pickups take the cake for me.

Now would I make a trade across an ocean with someone I don't know from Adam? No way in hell! The only way that would even be considered is if they were a vetted member of a forum that I could see a lot of feedback on.
      Correct
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

But I'm a asshat
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
        X