Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist SL3 info

Hey all,

I'm interested in a used Soloist SL3 in white for sale at the local guitar shop. The serial is ICJ1507474.

The salesperson said it was a 2015 due to the 15 in the serial # and it has a Floyd Special. Not sure how to tell if it is from 2015 or if it is a Floyd Special.

It is going for $629...is that a fair price?

It looks fantastic, no noticeable dings, scratches, etc. The pickups are HSS, all three say Duncan Designed and the singles look like Hotrails.

Any info on that serial # / SL3 would be appreciated.

Thanks....

FLoyd special says floyd rose special on the bridge. Those type of serial numbers usually start with the year of manufacture.
    Indonesia Cortek Jackson 15(year) and a bunch of numbers. Thats how i read that number. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

I feel like 629 is too much for it. You can find better deals on them.
    Last edited by ed; 09-11-2022, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingbobyjr View Post
      Hey all,

I'm interested in a used Soloist SL3 in white for sale at the local guitar shop. The serial is ICJ1507474.

The salesperson said it was a 2015 due to the 15 in the serial # and it has a Floyd Special. Not sure how to tell if it is from 2015 or if it is a Floyd Special.

It is going for $629...is that a fair price?

It looks fantastic, no noticeable dings, scratches, etc. The pickups are HSS, all three say Duncan Designed and the singles look like Hotrails.

Any info on that serial # / SL3 would be appreciated.

Thanks....

It's an SL3X cheaper probably cheapest as soloist gets. The SL3 is MIJ and didn't come in white they're all trans finish with matching headstock guitars, as I've had a SL3 and have an SL4 22 fret soloist thats MIJ.
      Look around at X series soloist and see what they are going for, I think around 350-400 dollar mark maybe more?

Added: They were only 599. new here's a link

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ic-pearl-white
      Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-12-2022, 04:58 PM.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Ahh...thanks John, that Sweetwater link looks exactly like the guitar I saw. Looks like the Guitar Center I saw it at either didn't know exactly the model or they are being a tad bit deceptive.

I found another brand new on Reverb for $599. So used for $629 is too much

https://reverb.com/item/1754408-jack...pearl-metallic

Thanks again for the research!!!

Comment

Working...
        X