NGD Fusion HH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Fusion HH

So this 1992 Jackson Fusion HH Professional Guitar Japan MIJ, RARE | Reverb Fusion HH popped up on Reverb last Sunday for $575. So I snatched it up because I knew it wouldn't last long for that price. I didn't even make an offer because last time I tried that on a trans red one that was under $600 it got bought within 30 mins of submitting my offer. I had been watching for an HH neck for my HH body but I still think I amd going to try to convert a 22 fret reverse headstock neck to 24.75 scale for that one. I'd been wanting a bound neck and kinda curious about EMGs in a Fusion so when it popped up I grabbed it. It came in yesterday. Pretty good shape for a 31 year old guitar. Ad said it's a '92. Probably based on the serial which I think may be right for a Fusion. I know the other Japanese serials are sequential. Looking at catalog scans though I think it probably is. Haven't plugged it in yet but just noodling around the neck feels good but different from my other Fusions. Like it doesn't flatten out as much on the back. Not as thin as my EX neck but specks are
    0.778"@1st, 0.765"@3rd, and 0.786"@12th frets it not thick. Thicknes is right where I like it. My only dilemma is whether to leave the JT-580LP bridge alone or throw an '80's vintage OFR I have laying around in it. The route won't match the Floyd but it's probably a better bridge.

The Trans Red one had a mahogany body, which is likely why it got snapped up quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      The Trans Red one had a mahogany body, which is likely why it got snapped up quickly.
      I can't remember now but I think it may have been closer to $500 or less. Mahogany would be nice but I'm fine with the basswood of this one. a My '94 HH body should be mahogany based on in the catalog the color it is wasn't offered until '94 and all '94s were mahogany by the catalog. I have the same bridge pickup as my fusion standard in it. They sound almost the same. The standard is darker sounding, but it has a jt-590 in it vs the FR special baseplate with 1000 series saddles and block that's in the HH body.

Comment

Well I ended up swapping out the bridge for that OFR I have. I wasn't going to I was just going to switch it to the newer style trem arm because I don't like threaded arms. When I took the bridge apart to change the block to clear the mount for the arm, I discovered the hole spacing isn't the same on the block. I could have cut a portion off the block to make clearance but I decided not to. The knife edges didn't look very good either so I just put the OFR on it. The little angles in the route aren't that noticeable. It's the bridge being off center that doesn't look that great. At least since it's black once you get a couple feet away can't tell anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X