MIJ DK2M Eerie Dess Swirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ DK2M Eerie Dess Swirl

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I wrote here on the forum, I hope you're all well.
    Could anyone give me some information on the Japanese DK2M Eerie Dess Swirl model? I bought one recently and I'm undecided whether to replace the original neck with one from a DX10D, in rosewood and with a reverse headstock. They should be the same. Thank you.
    Also, I reckon they swapped the pickups and changed the locking nut (it should be black, right)?

Here are some pictures of the guitar for sale, it's being shipped to me at the moment.
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Great to see you again! And that's a very nice looking DK2M!

The Japanese DX10D and Japanese DK2M should be compatible for a neck swap without modifications... unless there is something I have completely overlooked.

Locking nut pressure pads should be black. Your chrome ones should be easy to swap to black. I see the nut itself is black, suggesting that is original, and the previous owner simply swapped the pads to chrome.

Both pickups should be the typical Duncan JB/Jazz set in many post-2006 Japanese Jacksons. What bridge pickup is in the guitar currently? I know you have many YouTube videos of you disassembling and restoring guitars, so I assume you'll give this DK2M the same treatment.

All Japanese DK2Ms I've seen have had proper Duncans and black hardware that were standard for post-2006 Japanese Jackson Pro Series Guitars. In other words, my memory and Google Images tell me the DK2M was not introduced early enough to have ever received Duncan Designed pickups and chrome hardware that were standard in pre-2006 Japanese Jackson Pro Series guitars. If/when you disassemble your DK2M, I'm sure you'll find the date stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket to confirm a post-2006 date.
    Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 10-04-2024, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Sooo thankful for the info, yes I'm currently disassembling it.
      What are this strange symbols in the neck pocket?
      Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

More to come soon

Comment

Working...
      X