Jackson Performer Dinky made in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Performer Dinky made in?

Tried an absolute beast of a guitar today - surprisingly, a Jackson Performer! Better than any Japanese Jackson/Charvel Dinky I've tried (although those were probably all short scale), and better than a Grover Jackson Dinky Axe Standard they also had (although that only had a 32mm block). Unplugged, this completely annihilated every Japanese Schaller-equipped Soloist I've ever played (probably just my preference for bolt-on tone). Now the question is, was this made in Japan? Or perhaps Korea?

The neck was a nice rounded and fat C-shape. I didn't bother plugging it in, since the pickups were probably el-cheapo.

Last edited by Jr.; 10-05-2024, 02:58 AM.

This one is Korean, you can tell by the serial that starts with 10, vs 9 for japanese models. The two dots at the twelfth fret are another hint, they are closer to the edges for koreans, and closer to the center for japaneses. these performers are GREAT guitars, I've owned a few and they all were fantastic to play, I still have my PS3T RR, one of my best sounding guitar unplugged

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonheadfr View Post
      This one is Korean, you can tell by the serial that starts with 10, vs 9 for japanese models. The two dots at the twelfth fret are another hint, they are closer to the edges for koreans, and closer to the center for japaneses. these performers are GREAT guitars, I've owned a few and they all were fantastic to play, I still have my PS3T RR, one of my best sounding guitar unplugged
      Yeah I used to own that exact RR, back before I decided to get fussy with gear. It was great from what I remember!
      I'll bet that the bulk of the Performer series was better than anything non-USA/Japan today (except for maybe the limited Korean ones).

Comment

Working...
      X