PS4 performer series opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS4 performer series opinions

Hi, Im looking at one of these. I believe its an import Jackson so I think Im in the right place. Any opinions or experiences with this model? I know its a lower end model and Ive read about it on Harmony central, just wondering what you guys think of it. Is it better quality than the current import series, made in indonesia, I believe. Im perfectly willing to switch out the floyd for a better model and I could give a rats ass about the electronics (pickups). I believe it has a photo flame top and I guess I can live with no sharkies. Just wondering if its junk or what. It comes with the case and some stuff. The seller is local so there would be no shipping for me. Is 150- 200 a good price? Heres a pic http://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/9d/64/27_1_b.JPG

Re: PS4 performer series opinions

PS4 is nice guitar. The top is not a photo flame, its a thin veneer. I upgraded mine with evolutions and a schaller. I think most were made in japan, at least those that have a serial starting with 9 IIRC.

Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Wow, that sweet. I have a shaller floyd and a tonezone collecting dust at the moment so I figured Id just replace the stock with them. Looks to be the same exact model as the one Im looking at. I wasnt sure if it had the contour on the lower bout. Good to see that. Thanks for posting that pic.

Comment

While I've never had a PS4 body, I did have a PS4 neck on my Warrior MG and thought it played very nice. Seemed pretty much like all of the Professional Dinky guitars I've ever owned (two Dinky HX and two Dinky Reverse).
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like mine. It is Red Violet Metallic, and was made in Japan( I have seen some with a "Made in Korea" sticker though). I changed the bridge pup to a EMG 81 and added a toggle switch to switch between the 81 and the stock neck and middle pups. Still have the JT 500 trem on it though. I had a OFR on for a while but took it off for a project. The neck is kinda thin to me, but it does play very nice.

Here's a few pics. Their kinda crappy though.

[image][/image]
          [image]http://[/image]
          [image][/image]
          [image][/image]

Chris
          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Very nice. The seller says that his is made in korea and the serial number begins with 96 so Im not really sure about that. Is the JT500 as bad a folks say it is? Usually they complain about the arm being really sloppy.Also it looks like the floyd is recessed on this guitar Thats cool. The body is solid wood right? I think my current import is even claimed to be made of some solid wood. Indian cedro? I guess its better than plywood. If it had a floyd and a droopy pointed headstock, I might be happy with it. It just seems weird to have a jackson with a 3+3 type headstock and a vintage trem. But hey it was spotless and real cheap and plays quite nicely. Thanks for posting your pics.

Comment

There was a used one at GC last weekend. Seemed to be in nice shape, but I didn't play it.

Comment

No problem. The Jt 500 is ok, and it is recessed. It stays in tune pretty well for me, but I have to agree about the bar. It is pretty sloppy, but I hardly ever have it in the guitar anyway( I just use my hand for any pitch changes ). The body is alder on the PS4. I have a JS 20 with a Indian Cedro body( it's in the Mahogany family ). They were made in India I think. From your description you must have a JX 10. If you get the PS4 I think you'll be pretty happy with it.

Chris
                Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Well, I went for it. Maybe I will have it by this weekend. No sharkies but it seems like a cool guitar.Yeah the jx10 is the one I have now. Thanks to all for the advice.

George

Comment

OK, Im getting it Saturday morning. Cool. But today I was at the local music store getting a beginner flute book for my daughter. This store had been around for a long time and just moved into a new storefront 3 times the size of the old one. They had a ton of guitars on the wall. I noticed 2 jacksons hanging there. One was a ps4 I think. It looked the same and said performer on the headstock. The body was this ugly dull grey with speckles of paint. Looked like the inside of an old car trunk. The price tag said $379. Now, hanging next to it was a beautiful honey gold flamed top model that looked just like the ps4 but didnt say anything on the headstock, just the jackson logo. But it was beautiful. It had a fully bound neck with a lighter colored board and pearl white sharkies. It had the contour on the back by the neckplate, and one of those cast plates, not the stamped ones. The honey gold flame top was beautiful, chrome jackson trem, etc. I figured it would be expensive. The tag said $249. I was like, WTF? Im figuring its a newer import. What model could this be for such a low price? I think it was used allthough it looked new as the neck pup looked weird like an old Ibanez with the 2 big chrome rails across it. I may have to buy it soon. I will now search the web and ebay for a similar looking guitar.

Comment

Ok, so I found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...47642&rd=1 This seems to be the exact guitar except the one I saw was H-H and I could swear it had the cast neck plate and it was right hand. This guys pictures really suck because that top looks beautiful in person. What model number is this?

Comment

I have one and it is a very nice guitar. The JT-500 is decent but get a better bar assembly. I ditched the threaded bar and the socket in the bridge for a Schaller style setup.

DRH

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I ditched the threaded bar and the socket in the bridge for a Schaller style setup.

DRH

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it play now??? I threw away the CRAPPY bar and socket too in order to get the OFR bar and socket because the socket broke in the Floyd and the bar sucked!

Comment

I have a PS2 which is pretty good. One of the better cheap trems. Great neck. Pickups have lots of power but no tone.
                            I also changed the bar to a Schaller type.

Comment

------------------------------------------------------------
                              quote:
                              How does it play now??? I threw away the CRAPPY bar and socket too in order to get the OFR bar and socket because the socket broke in the Floyd and the bar sucked!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------

It plays much better, the trem feels more solid now.

Before it felt kind of cheap, there was too much play in the bar to do very subtle trem stuff.

DRH

Comment

Working...
                              X