RR3 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR3 project

Kinda pieced this together... it is a RR3 neck and body purchased seperately off evilBay. Got the black plastic diamondplate from Budman and used good ol' rubber cement to adhere it to the control plate and trem cavity cover. Cutting the stuff (and keeping it straight) is a b1tch! Pickups are Dimarzio Super Distortion bridge / Duncan Designed neck. Thanks to Budman for the diamondplate and txcharvel for the Floyd inserts.

Re: RR3 project

Good Job! The diamond plate sets off the paint. I like it..
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Simply killer looking. Looks like an OFR on there too. Looks like a rippin' guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice man, pretty sweet.

The diamond plate goes well with that color [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice. I like that diamond plate, it sets it off.

Comment

I love that finish, especially on the rhoads [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Wheres the input jack on the rr3?

Comment

It looks great! That is a great looking finish on the Rhoads. The diamond plate looks good also.

Comment

Hey Brian, this may be a stupid qustion (probably!) but isn't the plastic diamondplate stuff thick enough to use on its own? I'm assuming that maybe it's not because you stated that you glued it to the original plates. Just curious. Looks great though!
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Nice guitar in addition to the diamond plate!

Comment

I did try the diamondplate on its own, but it felt somewhat flimsy. (I'm enough of a hack to knock the knob/pot right out LOL)

I think it would look even better with an ebonized board...hmmm...

Comment

Looks killer, so how does it sound?
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Somebody must tell me where I can get that diamondplate!
                        Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

<font color="aqua">Whoaaa! How did I miss this thread, you're very welcome bro and that came out very nicely!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

By the way, you have an email. </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Very nice! That would be an excellent companion for my CS DK2. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I think it would look even better with an ebonized board...hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Love that graphic.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X