Dinky Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dinky Identification

I will comment that it is a very nice looking guitar though. Nice mahogany and it looks pretty damn clean. I would not worry about those mid-1990s Professional series either. I had a Kelly from around the same time period that absolutely smoked. I slightly overpaid for mine also but I knew that I had to have it as soon as I played it. I'm very slowly starting to regret selling it... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't think it's mahogany but it is still a damn nice axe. I'd say that on has been stripped and stained with a satin clear. Looks like alder to me.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Hmmmm... on closer inspection, these are loafers.

I mean, oops, that's not mahogany after all! D'oh!

How common are trans finishes on alder bodied Jacksons? If they're not so common, maybe that's why I thought it was mahogany with a quick glance... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Damn, that's sad. I've owned two guitars made of mahogany and I can't even identify something else correctly. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Japanese Jacksons are quality pieces. Xeno's estimate could be low. Everything's worth what somebody's willing to pay. I recently sold a mid 90s Kelly Professional for $425.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'd guess mid 90s because of the RVS truss rod cover.I had a 94 that had the L.P.JT580 trem,a 95 that had that trem.Also the dual blade hum in the bridge indicative of 94/95 as is the direct mounting to the body.Trans finish I don't know I've never seen one but its possible.That is a cool as hell Dinky rev in my book I'd love to have one like that.I have a 93 stone finish with the Schaller floyd(square baseplate) JH-2 and J-80 with pickup rings and a coil tap hooked to both pickups.Very versitile in the tone dept.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

BTW my guess is 1995 probably late in 95.The japanese Jacksons are fine intsruments so If you paid 600.00 so be it, you couldn't find some thing of that quality for that price now.

Comment

The guitar is a Dinky RVS. It was only manufactured in 1995 only. And it did come in "Natural", the body is Basswood. The pickups are the J80C in the bridge and the J85 in the neck. This guitar seems to be unmolested. (at least from a modification standpoint)

P.S. - FU Hotrod.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Wow! Trans finished basswood. Don't get to see that often in my travels. Basswood doesn't typically look good in trans finishes due to odd greenish streaks or something but that particular guitar looks pretty nice in a trans finish.

Comment

Yah I havent found any trans like this either - after searching for a week I too started to think that it might have been stripped - if so they did an aweseome/professional job and left no solid evidence.

Thanks for all the comments ...

====

yah the finish looks really nice. BTW it was below 500 - guess I got a good deal considering the latest remarks. Again Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

That is one nice hunk of basswood.Looks to be 1 piece too.Thats the only one I've seen in a trans finish.Very cool indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X