My Failure at GC ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Failure at GC ...

So, today I go up to GC and bring my Ibanez S470 DXQM. I get it there to trade in, and I decide on a Jackson DXMGT. Once I get up to the counter, the guy says they'll sale the Ibanez for $500, so they could give me $250 for it ... and the Jackson cost $450 + tax. He said he'd give me $75 off, but I didn't have the other $150 ... so I came home a failure. I think I'm gonna tae the Ibanez to Ebay.

Re: My Failure at GC ...

Ya haven't failed, as you are not done trying yet.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Now, if ya had been trading a J/C for an Ibanez S470 DXQM, I would have been, like...

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

.. and then I would have been, like...

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

...and then, like...

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

...then everyone would be, like...

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

...then...

[img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

...then you would be, like...

[img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

...cause everyone was, like...

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

...n' stuff.

And I'd, like, be...
    [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

What he said! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Just Ebay the Ibanez and then go in with cash
        and make your best cash deal on the DXMGT. You will come out ahead that way, though it takes a bit longer. You might scan bay for a DXMGT while you're waiting to sell the Ibanez.
        I can't speak for the DXMGTs, but both my DK-2s are mail-order, and are very consistent with each other playing and sound-wise, except that one has the Sustainer. In other words I wouldn't necessarily worry about buying one you hadn't played yet, they seem quite consistent to me. Either way, I think you'd make a better cash deal than with any trade.
        Cheer up, you'll get that guitar!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

<font color="aqua"> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] well said nor! </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            ...then everyone would be, like...

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

...then...

[img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

...then you would be, like...

[img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

...cause everyone was, like...

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

...n' stuff.

And I'd, like, be...
            [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought you were gonna get a KVX10? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That started changing late last night, and was complete by this morning ... the sunburst on the DXMGT grabbed me. Plus, they both have basically th same specs, except the KVX10 has Duncan Designs and the DXMGT has Passive EMGs. I tried out the DXMGT on the same model amp I have, and I liked the tone a lot better than I did the guitar I have that has the same pups as the KVX10 ... so I had a sudden change of heart. Plus, the DXMGT has the SLS headstock ... pure sexiness, haha.

Comment

Eh, you suck! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I suck? I SUCK?!?!?!

probably true ...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      So, today I go up to GC and bring my Ibanez S470 DXQM. I get it there to trade in, and I decide on a Jackson DXMGT. Once I get up to the counter, the guy says they'll sale the Ibanez for $500, so they could give me $250 for it ... and the Jackson cost $450 + tax. He said he'd give me $75 off, but I didn't have the other $150 ... so I came home a failure. I think I'm gonna tae the Ibanez to Ebay.

Hey,
                      What color's the 470, and what are you looking to get
                      for it?

theo

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Hey,
                        What color's the 470, and what are you looking to get
                        for it?

theo

[/ QUOTE ]

The 470 is a Red ... a little brown, it's the only one I've seen with this finish. here's a pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../S470Angle.jpg
                        (The pictured pickups were changed when I took it to GC, this was noted in another thread I made on the guitar.)

I just listed it on Ebay the other day, $350 start and $400 BUY IT NOW, and with the BIN it comes with a padded gig bag. Here's a link to the Ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Comment

Read the rules please - NO posting your auctions. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] BAD idea, and probably the quickest way to get yourself banned. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] If you want people to know what you've got to get rid of, wait until you aren't a Junior Member and put them in the classifieds, rather than posting what you have in other forums. (Your amp, your guitar - yes - I noticed.)

Comment

sorry, my bad ... I was just posting the first thing I thought of to give info on the guitar. Just curious ... what are you talking about with the amp comment?

Comment

plus it just also seemed the easiest way to answer the question. But once, again ... sorry for the mishap, I'd edit it and delete it, but it won't let me now.

Comment

Working...
                              X