Went to Ishibashi today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Went to Ishibashi today...

Hey Steve...I don't know if your back from Hawaii yet. I hope you had a great time there. It would be cool to see some photos from Ishibashi if they let you take some. If you happen to run into any cool Jackson Star body guitars in your travels...please let me know. I never bought guitars outside of the continental USA and was wondering want you recommend???

Comment

A question Steve.

Are you there on the Erasmus program? That's the org. that does international exchanges for a lot of uni's worldwide.

And I am wondering if I could apply for either USA or Japan, too. I'd love to go study there for a year or more.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Hey, back from.. (Not Hawaii, but that's another story) Osaka. I actually came back like two days after I left but my internet was down for a while and I've been moderately busy lately, but I drop in to check the board out once in a while when I can.
        I've run across a Jackson Stars Kelly Star once in a shop, and usually I see a few Kellys, King Vs and Rhoads...
        I kind of dig Killer Guitars (an odd star-ish shape) and the ESP star models.. there's the Akira Takasaki RandomStar model, and there's a model for one of the ex Sex Machineguns guys that's pretty bad ass.

Comment

Whoops forgot to answer the next question.
          About my exchange program, I'm just in on a program directly from my university back in the US. I was the only one to sign up for this particular program so all I had to do was sign up and I was in.

Comment

Uh, if you don't mind me asking, is the university paying for your living expenses, or is that on you/parents? Isn't it awfully expensive to live in Japan?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hehe. I get a JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) scholarship, which gives me money monthly.. And I also got a bridging scholarship from the Assoc. of Teachers of Japanese, which they gave me all at once.. and that money is starting to disappear haha..
              I'm living at a friend's place (she has an extra room and is renting it out to me for pretty cheap) so I'm doing pretty well.. yeah it's expensive but I'm still in decent shape.

Comment

That is pretty awesome.

This JASSOC and the other scholarschip, are they from the Japanese side of things? From the Japanese university you're currently in for the exchange? And have you heard from any possibly other exchange students in your vicinity that they got the same?

I am really interested in heading to Japan as well. And since I got a couple of years of university left, I thought I could employ them.

It's either Japan or San Francisco/California for me. I've got to be living in one of those eventually.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Well, two of the other students in the school I'm at here (there are five of us total, two from canada and two others from the US) get the same scholarship I do, and there are two who get a different scholarship. It's arranged through the school here, they have a couple of spots actually specifically for this school, but the JASSO scholarships are given to a lot of students at a lot of different schools, and it was pretty darn easy for me to get that.. they basicallly handed it to me just for signing up for this program.
                  The bridging scholarships, as far as I know, are only open to students in the US who are planning to get in on an exchange program from their schools in the US to Japan.. because it's the "US-Japan Bridging Project."

Comment

Working...
                  X