Kelly STD year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly STD year?

Hi everyone, i have bought a used black Kelly STD professional, i think its a import but i'd like to know the place and year which it was made, i got the serial: J000902.
    i wonder if its an old old model? coz the guitar is kindda beaten up... is this guitar any good?

thanks in advance for your helps!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Kelly STD year?

Photos are required. All Professionals were made in Japan.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ok, i'll load it up today. thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is one. it's dot inlay, i'll load up the headstock picture too.

Comment

Here's the headstock [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

man, you should really clip those excess string ends bro!

Comment

hahhaah~ i did it already, its an old pic

Comment

Can't say 100% but I'm pretty sure the STD models were only in production in 94, maybe 95, but I'd bet money that that is a 94 guitar...a close-up picture of the trem and I could tell you for sure...

Comment

Here is the original trem that came with the guitar when i got it, as you can see it's useless so i replaced it already.

Comment

Another shot of the trem.

Comment

That trem you have there is the JT-580LP (low profile) bridge made by Takeuchi. Some people hate them, whereas I thought mine was quite good on my 1996 KE3 Kelly Professional.

Comment

So... means this guitar was made in Japan in 94'?

since this trem is damaged badly, i have just replaced a normal licensed floyd, does the type of floyd trem affect the sound of guitar?

also, the bridge pickup is an unknown one, i think the previous owner just put some cheap stuff in, im getting the DiMarzio X2N for the bridge, what do you guys think?

one last question, how much does this guitar cost if i fix it up?

thanks much!

Comment

There is probably too little difference in sound when using different styles of Floyd. I wouldn't worry about it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't think you will find anyone who will argue with the DiMarzio X2N very much. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Go for it!

Comment

I don't think it's a 94 because the JT580LP's in 94 had a square baseplate not an angled one like in the pic....However, I'm sure there may have been late 94 models that had the newer style bridge...Check the sales folders at www.jacksonmuseum.com for 95 and see if the STD series was still in production....Either way the guitar is mid 90's...

Comment

thanks a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit: yea i just checked out the site, conclusion: it's either 94' or 95' made in Japan. now i'm satisfied knowing it's true identity. thanks so much everyone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

...now i'm addicted to browse this forum everyday lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X