JRR-94 Rhoads questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRR-94 Rhoads questions

I recently bought a mint JRR-94 hard tail off of eBay. I have a couple of questions about it and I'm hoping I can get some answers from you all.

First question, what are the concept series of quitars comperable to? Is it comparable to a Performer or a Professional series? The reason I ask this is that it has logo tuners, two volume and one tone knobs, pick guard, a thick truss rod nut cover, and "Jackson" imprinted on the neck plate. These are all features that my RR3 has, but my DX10D Dinky does not have.

One thing I was kind of shocked by was how thin the neck is compared to the neck of my Dinky.

I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Re: JRR-94 Rhoads questions

The Concept models were produced for one year, and then changed to Performers. The string-thru JDX Dinky was discontinued, and a few new models were introduced. However, since the Pro line was already a step down from the early `90s "peak" I'd consider the Concept line to be between Pro and Performer in terms of quality.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

I have one too, and I concur with Inazone. They are not as good as the Pro line, but better than the Performers.

Really the only thing I don't like about it is the way the edges of the frets are finished.

Comment

Jeff: Do you mean the old proffesionals or the new ones?
          What would you compare it to quality wise of the recent Jacksons?
          I really like mine anyhow [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          And i have to say it sounds much better since i put some duncans/dimarzios in it.

Comment

I was talking about the old Professionals.

Do they still make Professionals? Or are you just talking about any of the new imports?

I haven't played any of the newer imports so I don't know what their quality is like. The last import I played was I think a 96 or 97 DR10, and it sucked.

Funny that you changed the pickups. I guess you were looking for some specific sound. I love the (stock) pickups that are in it. Very raw!

Comment

I put a Super distortion/jb combo in it.
              I just love the sound of the super dist, and never really tried the stock bridge pickup, but it was a noticeable diffrence imo.
              And for the neck, i felt it was to much of a drop in output with the hot bridge pickup, and it was also a little muddy, but the duncan fixed it, fat as hell but still not muddy.

And yes they still make proffesionals, the higher end imports such as the dk2, rr3, sl3, rr5 and so on are proffesionals.
              But the old ones are supposed to be better.

Comment

I put a Duncan '59 in mine last week and I really like the sound of the guitar now. The original Jackson bridge pickup was just to bright and tinny sounding for me.

Comment

The duncan in there should sound awesome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

How would you compare it to your other axes?

Comment

Well, the only other axe I have is a DX10D Dinky, which I really like playing. I really like the sound of the Duncan designed pick ups in it. To be honest, the Dinky pick ups sound real close to the '59 I just put in the Rhoads, which was what I was trying to go for.

Comment

Working...
                    X