ID this professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID this professional

Hi, Im about to get a Jackson professional model. I dont know the model designation and I havent been able to find anything like it on the net. Its a strat body, 1 humbucker, 1 volume, wilkinson trem, pointy reverse headstock neck with dark fingerboard and white dots.22 frets and professional on the headstock No pickguard. Does this sound like anything? Or perhaps a mutt? The pros are a step up from the performers, right?

Re: ID this professional

Yes
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Japanese JRS-2 Professional. Probably a Kent Armstrong humbucker.
      sigpic

Comment

JRS2
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks for the ID. What was the difference between a jrs2 and a jrs1? Is it just the pickup and made in u.s. ?

Comment

The tremolo is actually different. The wilkinson on the JRS2 is a VS50 and the JRS1 has a VS100. I'm not sure what the differences are between the two though. it also seems that the JRS1's fretboard has no fret markings. And the color options available for the JRS1 and JRS2 are different.

Is the face of the headstock unfinished???
            Occupy JCF

Comment

No, it looks just like my avatar, only with the word professional on it. On an unrelated note, will I lose my Junior member status after my 100th post? Or is there more to it than that? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Interesting. I was under the impression that all of the headstock faces of the JRS models were unfinished. Here's the face of my JRS-2.

Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, I found an old catalogue that features them online. Both u.s. and jap had unfinished headstocks. I dont know, maybe its a replacement neck or something. Or maybe that year they had finished headstocks. I'll know more when I get it which will be at least a week, I think. Also when googling to find info on it I came across a link at Tekky.com but it was outdated. It was probably your guitar.

Comment

Well, Tekky.net is my site.

You'll find mine under it's current location at http://guitars.tekky.net/. (I'm currently working on yet another re-design) You'll need to use MS Internet Explorer as your browser and it's under the galleries of my gear and to the left will be drop-down menues of my guitars.

<center></center>
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, tekky.net is what I meant. Yeah, the one Im getting looks just like that except its red, dark fretboard, and has the finished headstock. Are those trem arms hard to find? I guess I'll check out stew-mac. How is that kent armstrong pickup? Is it similar to anything more notable, ie, duncan distortion, dimarzio super, etc.

Comment

I got my trem arm through Jackson, before the FMIC deal. I've not seen them sold seperately anywhere. (and I need another for my PS-7) Not sure about the Kent Armstrong, I bought mine used and it had a Duncan Distortion in it already. (and Sperzels)
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

I don't know the measurements of the Wilkinson trem arm, but one of these push in Floyd arms may work. They look very similar to the Gotoh/Wilkinson arms. http://wdmusicproducts.com/Merchant2..._Code=TRMLARMS
                          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

www.rockinger.com sells replacement Wilk arms [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Wilk arms can be found on eBay for about 8.00-12.00 + shipping.
                              The headstock should be unfinished. The JRS-1 did not have trans finishes as far as I know. No fret markings as Tekky said.

I have two JRS-2's and a JRS-1. I never noticed the difference in the Wilks.

Comment

Working...
                              X