Pawnshop DK2 price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawnshop DK2 price

There is a Trans Blue DK2 at a local pawnshop. I am guessing from the serial # it might be a 96 model as the number starts with a 96. It is mint except for a cracked middle pickup. The trem arm is missing of course but what has me wondering about that is that there is a pretty large hole where the arm goes. Much larger than I am used to seeing. Is there some sort of insert that is supposed to be there? (As you can tell I have zero experience with that trem model)

It also has the OHSC which is also mint but has no case candy.

Can anybody give me a ballpark figure for what it is worth? The guy told me $250.

Re: Pawnshop DK2 price

$250 for a mint DK2 with a case, I'd call that pretty good!

Comment

Regarding the large hole in the trem, it's probably the collar type arm and it's missing the mount thing. A lot of arms come with the mount thing, for example here's a pic of one from Allparts for $18:

It's easy to install, just push in the top part (might have to hammer slightly), place the collar on the other side and tighten the screw with a 3mm allen wrench.

Comment

Good call Mountaindog and a brain fart on my part. I had one of those inserts from an OFR laying in the bottom of my parts box. It, and an OFR arm, fit on there perfectly.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          guessing from the serial # it might be a 96 model as the number starts with a 96.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the more recent Jap models that isn't the indication anymore I'm pretty sure. I have a couple 2003 Imports, one starts 969, the other 970. SEE THIS THREAD FOR MORE INFO

So this DK-2 could very well be a more recent model. Bonus!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

$250 is a good price, hell a local pawn shop had one listd for $400, which I thought was crazy considering the store it originally was purchased from had the (new) price @ $560.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
            X