dk2 consistancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dk2 consistancy

I want to buy a dk2 soon, I love the feel and the looks so much! But the prices in Europe stores are quite high, around 500-550 euros. But I can buy one brand new for 364 euros over the internet. Is the chance big I will get a 'bad' one? I kind of presume the quality control on japanese models will be fine, but I just want to check with you guys

Also, does anyone have a picture of a metallic dark red dk2?

Re: dk2 consistancy

I've owned a total of 11 MIJ Jacksons and have never had problems with any of the. Two of them were DK2 models, two DK2S models, three DXMG models, etc. Most were dinkys, and they all played great. I'm sure there is some inconsistency, so see if there's a return policy, but I'm fairly confident MIJ Jacksons are fairly consistent. BTW, all of mine were purchased over the internet.

--Dan
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

MIJ models are great, in my experience. Very consistently high quality.

Comment

I have three older MIJ Charvels, a MIJ Soloist, a MIJ Roswell, and a MIJ Rhoads. They are all excellent guitars, and they were all purchased over the Internet.

Comment

Ok thanks, I will just go for it then [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Just have to wait until my amp is sold [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

The MIJ models are really cool, a great bang for the buck. I had two Charvels (Model 5A and Model 6), the rest were Professional Jackson models; two string-thru Dinky HX, two Dinky Reverses, a Kelly Standard, Kelly XLR and Warrior MG body with PS4 neck. Never had a problem with any of them. My Jackson collection is now only down to one import (Dinky HX) and one USA (JJP), but I wouldn't hesitate to get another import again. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I own 3 DK2's.....as well as 2 other Dinky models.

DK2S
              DK2-w/skulls finish
              DK2GC
              They all have different necks. The DK2S has a super thin neck (the thinnest of all of my guitars). The DK2GC has a pretty thin neck as well that is a hair thicker around frets 1-3. The DK2 with the skulls finish has a thicker neck. One of the thickest necks of all my jacksons (7). I really think it is dependant on what year it is. All mine are different yrs. The one with the skulls finish was purchase new over the internet a few months ago so I believe that is the most recent profile but I could be wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I own 3 DK2's.....as well as 2 other Dinky models.

DK2S
                DK2-w/skulls finish
                DK2GC
                They all have different necks. The DK2S has a super thin neck (the thinnest of all of my guitars). The DK2GC has a pretty thin neck as well that is a hair thicker around frets 1-3. The DK2 with the skulls finish has a thicker neck. One of the thickest necks of all my jacksons (7). I really think it is dependant on what year it is. All mine are different yrs. The one with the skulls finish was purchase new over the internet a few months ago so I believe that is the most recent profile but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info!! How would you compare the neck with the skulls to ibanez necks? (as in thickness) I wouldn't mind a bit thicker neck than my rg1570, but I don't want a real thick neck.

Comment

My 2004 DK2LE also has that nice thicker neck profile, it is a very sweet profile, much better than the DK2 I had a few years ago as far as the neck profile goes. As far as quality, both are smokin!! Jack.

Comment

Your in luck wannabe, I happen to own a Ibanez RG42. The neck on the DK2 is a hair thicker and has more of a round profile than the flatter wizard necks on the RG. Here are pics of the two.

The Ibanez is the painted neck...

Comment

Thank you all for the info!! And madness thanks for the photos! The differences you describe are about the same what I recall: bit thicker and rounder than the rg. But it felt like the fretboard of the jackson was of higher quality.

I am definitely going to buy one as soon as I have the time!

Comment

This isn't the color you are looking for, but it will be my first Jackson!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Good luck finding yours,

Don

Comment

Working...
                        X