Please Help. Replace my trem on KE-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help. Replace my trem on KE-3

Hello Everyone. I am new to this site and it is a great site. I have searched the board and the net for an answer to my question but I have not found one. I was hopeing someone couold help me. I just bought a imported Kelly used from the guitar center for 150 bucks and I want to replace the trem. It doesn't flow the way I want it to. What is a good quality direct replacement for the tremolo. Any help will be very much apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Please Help. Replace my trem on KE-3

Original Floyd Rose. Might as well go all-out and get the real thing! I think you can get one from one of the JCF dealers... just click on the Dealers link near the top of the forum. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. Will there be any modification or will the OFR just drop right in? One again thanks.

Comment

Go to the tech section, there is a great sticky article on replacing the Jackson FR copies with other bridges. It should help answer a lot of those questions for you.

Comment

I love the Original Floyd, but since the JT-580LP is a copy of the Floyd Pro, wouldn`t the Floyd Pro be more "Fitting" so to say? Jack.

Comment

I happen to like the jt580lp, it's on both of my guitars. But as far as I know an OFR or Floyd Pro should fit in its place with no serious issues.

Comment

Thank you to all the replies. I really want to mod this kelly. So the trem is the first on the list.

Comment

A Schaller will also fit in there no problem but keep the original locking nut and studs just in case

Comment

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X