RR24 Prototype at NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR24 Prototype at NAMM

I really dont have a preference, from a playing stand point, but I prefer a Floyd for the tuning stability, I hate the Floyd when doing double bends & what not as the other strings go out of tune.
    Trems have there place, but like most others I dont use them much. A fixed bridge with fine tuners & floyd nut would = perfect for most applications... for me anyway.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

What no pics?

Also I imagine that the price will be similar to the RR5 ($800+).
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I think it will be more than an RR5. Likely the same as the Bond signature (MAP of $1199 I believe)

Comment

Yeah, all that pent-up demand for a 24f Rhoads....
          2 extra frets + binding = a bit more than a RR5
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ah sweet. I thought we'd go without a 24f RR this year too. Didn't anybody care to snap a picture of it?

Comment

I didn't lug my camera this year. Also the RR24 was kinda hiding...down on the lower section, in with the imports....and wearing a plain black paint job.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Ken, my DiMarzio Super Distortion is better than your Duncan Parallel Axis Distortion. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe...My Parallel Axis Distortion will kick your Super Distortion's a$$ anyday....bring it on DiMarzio boy!!!!

Muh Boyeeee Eminem says:
                [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL My DiMarzios eat Eminems for breakfast! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Yeah, all that pent-up demand for a 24f Rhoads....
                    2 extra frets + binding = a bit more than a RR5

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Oooh, it's got two extra frets! They couldn't figure out how to add a neck pickup in there with those extra frets?!? [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nobody's forcing you to buy one, shorty! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

arr!! pics!! please pics!!

Comment

I would love pics!!!

I was set on getting a dk2 because I couldn't afford a 24 fret rr (custom shop or laiho model), I will wait for the RR now!!! Will it be released in Europe right away?

Comment

o **** I just realized: that guitar would probably cost as much as a rr5 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and I probably won't be able to buy one until I am done with college [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I second that. I'll definitely be getting one, but it would be nice to see what it actually looks like. Hey Ron, you mentioned it had the V tailpiece. Did it have a pickguard too?

...or maybe I should just try to contain myself until Jackson decides to release the specs officially. =)
                              I'm really curious to see what finishes they will offer it in.

Comment

Pics???? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X