RR24 Prototype at NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR24 Prototype at NAMM

If only it had gold harware and a floyd.. it'd be exactly what I've been wanting. and on top of that, if it had white pin-stripes.. that would be just super.

Comment

You're from the CoB Board

Dude, Gold hardware and white pins? Rank

Comment

ef u buddy, lol

gold hardware + white pins + black paint = sexy

Comment

+1 to that - gold on black with gold OR white pins kicks all ass [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

You Gawthic Evil-N-Stuff types can shove your black on black on black on black [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

sounds pretty good, personally I'd prefer it to be a USA though but I'm sure it will be nice nonetheless...

Now, even if I'm one of those who have locking trems but don't ever use the bar, I'd like to say the following to all of you "I-can-change-tuning-so-easily-with-my-TOM-stringthru-but-OFR-takes forever" people:
            even if you avoid the hassle of unlocking the nut and strings at the trem, if you were to keep the same gauge strings and for example do a downtune, you will very likely face one or more of the following problems:

* strings slipping
            * strings fret buzz
            * harder to stay in tune (due to sudden pitch change)

especially if you have set a fairly low action.
            you can't escape adjusting the truss rod and the string action when you alter tunings, UNLESS you change string gauge to keep the string tension the same...

- Rune.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Now, even if I'm one of those who have locking trems but don't ever use the bar, I'd like to say the following to all of you "I-can-change-tuning-so-easily-with-my-TOM-stringthru-but-OFR-takes forever" people:
              even if you avoid the hassle of unlocking the nut and strings at the trem, if you were to keep the same gauge strings and for example do a downtune, you will very likely face one or more of the following problems:

* strings slipping
              * strings fret buzz
              * harder to stay in tune (due to sudden pitch change)

especially if you have set a fairly low action.
              you can't escape adjusting the truss rod and the string action when you alter tunings, UNLESS you change string gauge to keep the string tension the same...

- Rune.

[/ QUOTE ] Rune, I respect your opinion, but I have been changing from standard to drop D regularly at gigs and practice for years and have had no truss rod, string slipping or any of the ill effects you are describing. And not on only 1 guitar. 4 Gibsons and now my string thru Jacksons. I take 10 seconds between songs to tune down or up and the guitar is good to go. Whatever your opinion is, you CAN'T do that with a Floyd.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Want Drop-D with a Floyd without a D-Tuna? Turn your fine tuner down all the way when tuning normal, then lock down the nut. When you want to go into Drop-D... bring the fine tuner up all the way. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  ef u buddy, lol

gold hardware + white pins + black paint = sexy

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i know cause i post there as "gavin" Formally NeedledWarheart

Guys, is this the RR24 www.geocities.jp/ ysk_666/randyv.html

Comment

Hey CON, you need to fix that link in your post. Remove the space before the ysk_666:

Here is the link that works.

Comment

Cheers bro.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Want Drop-D with a Floyd without a D-Tuna? Turn your fine tuner down all the way when tuning normal, then lock down the nut. When you want to go into Drop-D... bring the fine tuner up all the way. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Toejam dude, that does kinda work, but all the other strings change in pitch slightly as well, well at least thats what i found

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that doesn't work very well by itself, but there is some type of trem stabilizer that is mounted between the claw and the block in place of one of the springs (Hipshot Tremsetter, I think it's called?), and supposedly this solves the pitch shifting problem of the other strings involved with the D-Tuna...I always meant to get one for my Model 6 (since it has the D-Tuna), but never got around to it since i always had a second guitar (Jackson Soloist Pro)...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Toejam dude, that does kinda work, but all the other strings change in pitch slightly as well, well at least thats what i found

[/ QUOTE ]
                            True, it does change the pitch of the other strings a little bit, but it was such a tiny bit that it really didn't seem too significant to me when I did it. If you want it to not change pitch at all, blocking it would be the best bet, or use a WD Trem Stabilizer or the Hipshot Tremsetter to help. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X