Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Bout Price

Hey all,

Alright, this really sux for me to have to do this, but I need some $ since I'm going back to school and my financial aid won't come through fast enough, but I just aquired a Jackson Stars 24 fret Rhoads. I need to move it to pay the bills, so I just need to know how much I can sell it for.

specs:
    J.S. RR-138
    Body: Poplar
    Scale: 648mm,24F
    Neck: Maple Thru Neck W/Binding
    Fingerboard: Rosewood W/Sharkfin Inlay & Binding
    Bridge: Schaller
    Pickups: S.Duncan SH-4(F) & TB-5(R)
    Control: 2V, 1T, 3Way Toggle Switch
    Hardware: Black
    Finish: MBK(Metallic Black)

Pics can be found here http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...o=&fpart=1

The neck pickup ring is cracked, but I can get a replacement. On the upper wing tip the clearcoat has rubbed off, but the finish is still there. By the end of the fretboard there is a 1mm neck. You can't see the 2 blemishes at first glance till ya look at it, but they're there. Basically, what's a fair price to sell it and would I have a better chance selling it on ebay for more? I would love to try to cut someone a deal here, but it all comes down to how much of my school bills I can pay off too. Thanks in advance.

- Irfaan -

Re: Question Bout Price

I'm going to randomly guess that it would be in the $700 neighborhood, maybe more since they don't exist in the USA.

Comment

what ever you just paid for it? That guitar looks sweet! Man... I'm thinking about selling my 83 Gibson studio to get a Jackson now

Comment

It's too bad you can't hold on for the financial aid, because the market is always low from January 1 to April 15 due to Christmas bills and tax time coming up. Whatever it's really worth you will probably get a couple hundred less at this point in time. I really wish for your sake you could find another source of cash, but hope you find someine who'll pay top dollar for a hard-to-get guitar hee in the US.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Fellas, believe me I'm tryin. There's a few times in your life where your gonna sell something your gonna regret, and I know this is gonna be one of them. Gonna see how much I get for donating blood and how many times it'll take to get where I need

Comment

600 posts, and most of em in this month alone. I'm being sucked in by this place I tell ya!

Comment

Then get out of this place and get (another) job...
              everything but don't sell a guitar like this, that would really suck especially since it is so rare.

I would have suggested to donate blood, but you obviously do that already... then maybe donate sperm too and sell your soul.

But if you really have to sell it, don't let it go for less than you paid for it. I mean, it must have been enough hazzle to even get that guitar to the US (the buyer will have a much easier life!).
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Anyone want my soul? $50 takes it. And I actually went lookin for a 2nd job today, lol. Whatever it takes, there's too many cool things comin out this year (Rosewood EB, Dime Guitars, the Death Kelly, I have expensive tastes) and plus school now, looks like I'm eatin Ramen noodles for a year, takin off my heat and drink once a month instead of once a week. I'll see, hopefully I won't have to throw this in the classifieds. It'll be 2-3 weeks before I know

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Anyone want my soul? $50 takes it....

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be interested. Good condition? Previous owners? Lifetime achievements are? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, I heard the devil can make me a kickass guitar player if I give him my soul. Bill, where's your friend? Someone find Bill, let him know I'm lookin for his good ol' pal Satan!

Comment

I'd say Ebay the guitar and hope someone comes through. JacksonStars are equal to 1990 Professional Series guitars, which is why they are not imported here.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Actually, I heard the devil can make me a kickass guitar player if I give him my soul. Bill, where's your friend? Someone find Bill, let him know I'm lookin for his good ol' pal Satan!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah man, gimme a chance, please. I don´t wanna sit here guarding the gates forever, I´d like to attend the next Grillparty at Mammon´s or Baal´s [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah man, gimme a chance, please. I don´t wanna sit here guarding the gates forever, I´d like to attend the next Grillparty at Mammon´s or Baal´s [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, since you asked nicely [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Just to give everyone some background info... this used to be my guitar. I picked it up while I was living in Taiwan and realized that the body shape didn't suit me. It had the few nicks that Irfaan mentioned when I got it and looked like it was unplayed.

This is a SOLID guitar. As Newc mentioned, there is a reason that these are not brought into the US... They are too damn nice. To get a new one shipped to the U.S. would be a little more than a grand, so about the price of an RR5... except this one has binding, a nicer looking fretboard, a floyd, and 24 frets. If Irfaan decides to let this one go the buyer will be VERY satisfied.

Comment

Hey Mike, thanks for the push. There ya go fellas, more great words for these great guitars. I'm still in the same situation, but I sold off some other crap I had lying around to kill some of the costs. Hell, if I don't have to sell it this thing ain't going nowhere, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X