DXMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG

Hi, I was wondering what tremolo the dxmg came with. Im confused cuz someplaces say JT580 and others say JT500. So which one is it? I was also wondering what the differences between the two are and the quality difference if any.

Im asking cuz Im about to buy my first guitar and cant decide between a DKMG or DXMG. I like the the inlays and headstock more on the DXMG but kinda scared cuz I read on search that the JT500 was junk. Thanks for reading and sorry for what might be silly questions I just wanna make sure I do ok with my first guitar.

Re: DXMG

Its a JT580lp

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Its a JT580lp

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe short and sweet thanx.

Comment

Its got a JT580LP. Its better then the tremolo you'd find on most LTDs or a Dean, but its still not the greatest thing to ever grace the earth.

If your planning to do some extreme whammy tricks, you might have a few problems with tuning, plus the edges kinda drop. If your just going to lock it up and do light/no whammy, it'll be just fine.

Comment

Hi, welcome to the JCF! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

The answer is both. The new DXMGs have the JT580, but the earlier version had the JT500. There's probably still quite a few of the JT500 DXMGs out there, so just ask your dealer to be sure which trem is on the guitars they have in stock. Better yet just talk to one of the JCF dealers to help you out on one of those. I have heard good and bad things about both the JT580 and JT500. Never played a JT580, so no help there, but I have a JT500 on my PS4 and it's a decent trem in my opinion, not as good as a OFR, but it stays in tune very well.

Good luck with whichever you get, and post pics when it arrives.

Chris
          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

The 2 jt580's I have work great, I don't think you have to worry about the quality of anything on a new DXMG. Maybe the electronics, but that's a personal preference thing.

Comment

The first year DXMGs were made in India and had the JT500 trem. 2001, and a quick way to ID these is the serial number. It'll start with 0 or 1. In 2002, production moved to Japan, quality improved, and the trem was the 580. These can be ID'd by SNs that begin with 9. The MIJ DXMGs are very well made, highly regarded axes. I have an '03, and the action is hella low.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ok thanks guys Ill be sure to ask before I buy. I am purchasing from one of the sponsered dealers on this site. Yea like I said this will be my first guitar and Im 24 years old hehe. Starting late but I have so much time on my hands now since I only work 40 hours. I figured might aswell make something useful outa it. Im pretty damn excited let me tell ya.

I was looking at those esp ltds and they do seem to offer more for the money like active emgs, neckthrough, ect. Should I be looking at an ltd model instead of a jackson?

Comment

Depends on who you ask. I personally would be looking at used Jackson/Charvel from ~1990, but there are other brands besides Jackson despite what some here say!

Comment

Well, ESP LTDs are made in Korea. Although they are supposed to be good guitars and look great, Japanese Jacksons are overall better guitars.

Comment

I have played a low end Ibanez for 1/2 of my life until I recently purchased a USA Jackson. The older guitars are great to learn on they make you appreciate the newer ones. Also, you can get a feel for what you really like before spending the money on an expensive one. thetroy is right, some of the older Charvels are timeless and built like tanks.

But hey, new guitars are nice too.

Good luck and let us know what you get.

Comment

I decided to go Jackson. Here is my first:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Do you guys know what trem this model has?

Still hasn't arrived yet. I have some old Aria Pro II's and an ESP neck thru M1 with crosses on ebony, but not painted. They put the crosses on in the wrong direction and the guy told them no thanks to the special order. I got it at a NAMM show in 1989 and still haven't figured out what to paint it (crosses). I was thinking fire crackle.

Comment

It's got the JT580LP. Good trem, not as good as the OFR, but it does its work well.

Comment

Cool! That's great news.

I bought a Schaller for my ESP - 15 years ago - still in new shape - I really got to paint that guitar.

For the longest time I thought Schaller's weren't so hot. In fact, I was looking for a Kahler to replace the new/unused Schaller in the ESP. I have a Kahler 2700 Series in my Frankenaria, and a Kahler Pro in another frankenstrat.

Comment

I got a JT580 in my '96 SL2. It's a great trem, not the best and not as good as an OFR. But it never let me down.
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X