Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any pics or opinions about the WRMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any pics or opinions about the WRMG?

I'm looking to finally get a Jackson and the Warrior seems right up my alley.

Re: Anyone have any pics or opinions about the WRMG?

If you are sticking with imports it would be hard to go wrong with the WRMG. Any of the MG's are pretty good guitars, I think you'd be happy with it.

You might check with our sponsor dealers for best prices, if you didn't allready know about them.

Comment

I'd get the WRXT myself. Sharkfins + lower price = better

Comment

Yeah, but, w/ the WRMG you get the binding, black hardware, EMG HZ.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I'd get the WRXT myself. Sharkfins + lower price = better

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the input guys. The WRXT isn't something I'd consider.

Comment

Re: Anyone have any pics or opinions about the WRM

[ QUOTE ]
            Yeah, but, w/ the WRMG you get the binding, black hardware, EMG HZ.

[/ QUOTE ]
            I dig the piranha inlays too
            Hail yesterday

Comment

The HZs aren't anything to write home about, but they get the job done. I leave the Booster on and just back it off a bit (maybe halfway) for rhythms without a High Gain setting on the preamp, then crank it for solos using the same channel/setting. Without the booster, the bridge pickup seems a bit muddy and farty.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I tried it at a music store and loved it! Good upper fret access, body is extremely comfortable and if you like the looks... you can't go wrong. Is there a big quality difference between the WRXT and the WRMG?

Comment

Not really.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Is there a big quality difference between the WRXT and the WRMG?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read there is.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh?

Comment

I say go with the WRMG or find a Warrior Pro in good condtion.
                        According To The Prophecy

Comment

I think the WRMG is awsome and I love the inlays also!! Go for it man. Jack.

Comment

I too have recently fell in love with the WRMG and was wondering where it is made? One big reason I personally like the WRMG is that it has 3 knobs and a 3 way Strat switch. I don't think I would like the stock P/U set-up and plan to replace the boost pot with either a tone or volume and re-wire a 5-way switch to split coils etc. Plus the cool shape, the pirhana inlays, and neck and head binding. Does the boost have a battery compartment in back? If so - thats even more flexible for optional active P/u's (you know what I mean...the -GOOD- EMG's Oh well.. thats my opinion...Buy it now I say or U will be wishing U had!

Comment

The MG series is made in Japan. I'm not sure if there's a battery compartment or not, never seen one in person before. I know the boost uses a battery, but it may just be in the control cavity.

Comment

Working...
                              X