Rhoads Professional neck through V price question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Professional neck through V price question

I've found a Rhoads neck through V at a local shop. It's a Professional model with a bound neck. Someone has put EMG's in it. It appears to be in very good shape. I looked over the points and neck pockets real close, and there aren't any touch-ups or cracks. The input jack is in the top wing.

The shop threw out a price of $899 which includes the case, but I'm sure they'll negotiate. I would like to know what it's worth in your all's opinions.

Thanks

Re: Rhoads Professional neck through V price question

700 max

Comment

Must be the Pro version then, awesome guitar.

Comment

Some more information on this guitar. The serial number is J303509. Am I right in assuming this is a '93 guitar? He swears it is not an EX Professional, and I tend to agree.

The shop has offered to take my mint JRR-94 in trade, and me to pay $450.00 boot. I know the JRR-94 isn't worth a heck of a lot in comparison, I have added a Duncan '59 in the bridge, but that's it.

My offer was my JRR-94 for $285.00 trade, and $315.00 boot for a nice round $600.00, but he didn't bite and countered with the $450.00 offer. What do you all think? Thanks again.

Comment

The EX Professional was a bolt-on, so you're correct there.

That price is on the higher side, but if it's in great condition and you really like it I'd say go for it. There was a neck-through RR pro on ebay not too long ago that went for almost $900 and it was nothing special, so they're certainly in demand.

Comment

Re: Rhoads Professional neck through V price quest

If it's in good condition, I'd jump on it for sure. The Pro models of the early Professional series were reknowned for their quality - they are up there with the USA models. They used to go for around 600-700, but these days they are going up in price.

I'd say the EMGs alone take the slack out of the price difference, but that's just me.

Comment

I also just found a Rhoads pro-std ( neckthrough,dots and no binding)it has and added Dimarzio and hardshell case. I've got the guy down to 350.00 so far. Is it worth it? I really wish it had the Sharks and binding though. Thanx in advance for any advice. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It's worth it if you like the guitar.

Comment

I'm asking what is the actual market value on these because I may need to flip it if I get sick of the dots. Also it's a pretty good drive to get it and I need to know if it's worth it monetarily, no like or dislike involved. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It's worth that price, might even go for more if you end up selling it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I'm asking what is the actual market value on these because I may need to flip it if I get sick of the dots. Also it's a pretty good drive to get it and I need to know if it's worth it monetarily, no like or dislike involved. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] If it is white, I'd probably take it now. I used to have a white one and regret selling it.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I have a Rhoads pro, plays almost exactly like my USA Rhoads at a fraction of the price.

Comment

It's black, sorry. I've heard they are nice and I've had several USA Rhoads. I'm not in a band anymore so I don't really stand and play. Sitting with a rhoads sucked so I traded my last one for a Les Paul standard. Lately I've had a little Rhoads jonesin' going on and I can probably get it pretty cheap but there's something VERY wrong with a Rhoads that doesn't have sharks and binding. If I get it I'm sure I'll get sick of the dots and flip it. Thanx for the opinions. I've got some thinkin' to do. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

eh, if you think you'll flip, then forget it, but the price is right on that black one for sure, especiall for being a neck through model...if the dots are a big issue to you (which i find unusual), you may be passing on one hell of a player...

Comment

Working...
                            X