An odd find in China...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An odd find in China...

Well I found a street quite near my hotel with lots of guitar shops on it.. most (if not all) of the guitars are junk here, but it was fun to see anyway...
    One thing caught my eye.. a black star-shape body.. I could be wrong because I've never seen a Jackson/Charvel "star body" in person, but the dimensions seemed a little large to be like a typical Jackson/Charvel star. The the output jack is on the bottom of the lower fin, not in the middle of the "v" created by the fins
    The headstock was Jackson shape, and the logo was a yellow-greenish Jackson logo.

Here's the odd part: it seems like a set neck?
    The guy told me it was made in korea.
    Overall it was an old piece of junk.. I tried playing it and the frets killed bends/vibrato very quickly, it didn't stay in tune too well. Sounded like butt, but a large part of that was due to the amp I played it through. The guy wanted 2800 RMB for it, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 US. It certainly isn't worth that.

This is not even really a Jackson guitar, right?

Re: An odd find in China...

No. China and Korea are famous (infamous) for making cheapass knockoffs of everything under the sun - they'd probably DO a Sun if they had somewhere to put it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: An odd find in China...

Heh yup.
      I don't even know what they're trying to knock off with this one, as Jackson never made a production model like this that I know of?

Comment

Working...
      X