Import Jackson Serial Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Jackson Serial Numbers

Can anyone tell me were I can find out about a Jackson KV4 with the Serial number 010945
    I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Re: Import Jackson Serial Numbers

Unfortunately there's no place to find out about it. It's a japan-made neck-through Jackson (all import neck-thrus are built in Japan). That's about all that can be said about it.

Comment

Specifically, that should be the 10,945th import neckthrough.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What info do you want, exactly? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've just bartered my China-made Washburn Dime 332 for a Jackson Dinky Reverse Pro with the serial 701301.Could anyone provide me any info about the guitar?It's supposed to be 7 years old (but I'm not sure),with a very strange purple eerie dess painting and with sharkfin inlays.It's got Duncan Designed pickups installed.Around 1997-98,were there any Jacksons with DD pickups? [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Not sure when DDs started, but the thing is, whatever isn't a glued/welded/permanently attached/unremovable part of a guitar can easily be changed. Necks can be swapped, as can pickups and other hardware, so finding DDs in a guitar that normally would have Jackson-logoed pickups shouldn't be a surprise.

And it's a 97 (first number of serial is last number of year, until the '96' serials begin).
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Not sure when DDs started, but the thing is, whatever isn't a glued/welded/permanently attached/unremovable part of a guitar can easily be changed. Necks can be swapped, as can pickups and other hardware, so finding DDs in a guitar that normally would have Jackson-logoed pickups shouldn't be a surprise.

And it's a 97 (first number of serial is last number of year, until the '96' serials begin).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your response.Could anybody tell me what's the name of this finish:

My Jackson Dinky

Thanks.

Comment

Nice looking guitar. I dont know about the color but I do know that the picture is huge. Anyone on dialup will never see it. Ive got cable modem and its taking a while to load. It looks like a purple burst over a quilt top. Unless its a photo quilt type thing. If you know the actual letter designation of your model like DR2 or whatever, you can go to the SD website and theres a chart of what duncan designs are used as stock in which Jackson guitars. Ive used it a couple of times to help ID a guitar model.

Comment

Raspberry Burst? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I dunno [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Not sure it belongs to a Droogie on the Megadeth.com boards and I told him I would ask you guys about findng a place to track the number.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      What info do you want, exactly? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The dude was wondering what year it was made...What country it came from...If it is a KV4 or a KV3?... That kinda stuff.

Comment

Well, KV4 = neck through, 24 frets
                        KV3 = bolt on, 22 frets

The serial number sounds like a KV4.

Both models were made in Japan. The KV4 was only produced for 2 years, IIRC 2000 & 2001.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Thanks for your response.Could anybody tell me what's the name of this finish:

My Jackson Dinky

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the 1997 catalogue it's just called "Trans Violet"

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                            X