Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Rhoads EX

Hey all,

I just bought a Rhoads EX for $200 shipped. It's in excellent condition. I'm pretty sure its a good buy.

Can anyone tell me about the stock pickups in the guitar? Should I replace them, and if so, with what.

Cheers! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Pro Rhoads EX

I've experimented with various Duncans in Jackson imports from that era. My preference in the bridge position has been the Full Shred, although the Duncan Distortion also sounds good. I haven't found a neck humbucker that really impresses me yet, so I tend to stick with the stock pickups in that slot.
    sigpic

Comment

if the stock p/ups r the same that were in my ps3t then they're quite muddy, i'd say replace with some duncans

Comment

Duncan Distortion and Duncan Jazz. I'd love to get a Rhoads EX PRO again.

Comment

Not to hijack, but what is it that makes it an EX. Ive got a neck from a rhoads pro EX. From looking around there are so many different Rhoads import models. What is the main difference that makes it an EX and is this a stripped down model or what. The neck is for a future project and Im just thinking about what body style to go with.

Comment

Working...
          X