Whoops.... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoops.... :)

A few months ago, I decided to put toghther my own jackson project. Going with akelly body, I started my search for the parts I was going to need. Thanks to some of the bros here at jcf, i was able to score most of my parts at bitchin prices. Once i had everything available (Sanded body, Neck, PU's, hardware etc.), I got lazy...lazy to the point where I lost interest in the whole project. I jumped back on to it about a month or so ago. I decided to paint it white 'cuz white looks badass [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Painted it with 1 1/2 cans on krylon gloss white spray can. Besides all the un even spots all over the body, the thing looked great [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...

A couple of nights ago I had the sudden urge to do something to the body. Something to the likes of a custom paint job...or maybe some pinstripes or something. Suddenly, I get this crazy idea in my head to set the sucker a blaze.

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Armed with 1/4 gallon gas tank and a bic lighter I went to my back yard, doused the body and lit her up....

Here's the end result. I took these pics with the hardware on just to see how it would look all together...

THE PHOTOS ARE NOT THAT GREAT

What do you guys think? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Whoops....

The burned scheme is awesome!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Kinda looks like marble stone or something, very cool indeed. I like it a lot.

Comment

Decided to take some more pics...

I like these better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like there's no clearcoat on it yet. Clear it up and add the hardware... it will look KILLER. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] You should have posted pics of it going through stages on fire like that old Ibanez someone posted a link to awhile go. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Why do I foresee Newc setting some guitars on fire in the near future?!? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Very cool! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] You should have posted pics of it going through stages on fire like that old Ibanez someone posted a link to awhile go. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Why do I foresee Newc setting some guitars on fire in the near future?!? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Found a couple of more photos. I couldnt find any of the body in white though...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I ruined a guitar once when I was a young 'un.

Stripped the body, repainted with enamel paints and decals from plastic models before covering it with about 10 coats of clear and buffing it out. At the time I thought it looked bad ass.

The really weird part is that I painted the pickup rings flourescent orange. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I've regretted it ever since. It really was a nice plain black guitar. Thankfully, it was just a Kramer.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Kidding...well, mostly... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Dude,

Come back to your senses and paint that baby up !!!

Comment

Hmmm. That gives me an idea.
                  Is it possible to clearcoat fire?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Actually, I think I kind of like it. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I wonder what it would look like if you just set the edges on fire, or maybe took something like a hairspray can like and flamed (blackened) the bevels and maybe the pickup holes....

Comment

I like it, in an insane kind of way haha

it looks cool, but I would never dare to do anything like that
                        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
                        X